Nice write up that Chris, thank you....
Nice to see Danheim getting a mention there. He's a Danish lad and a machine for throwing out albums each year. Usually 5+ and more... all top quality too.
The amount of people I've introduced to Heilung of a Friday or Saturday night is unreal and always with the same results, instant fans. That Castlefest show on YT by them is amazing to experience. And to think it was their first show too..
Myself and my good lady saw Wardruna in Edinburgh a few years ago. Again, another amazing experience and so looking forward to seeing them in Dublin when the gig comes around. As I will Heilung when they play Dublin in November too.

For any of you lads who like the auld mushie experience I'd recommend sticking on either of those 3 groups mentioned here to enhance the magic of the trip. Other worldly....  :abbath:

I read that article earlier today.....the comments section is interesting, lot of references to the usual black metal tabloid stuff and whether this kind of music caters to the far right or not. Always find it interesting when people assume the worst about a music genre today based mostly on stuff that happened over 25 years ago.

In fairness that element does exist within black metal. I think it's just ultimately an irrelevance what people choose to believe or are inspired by. If people feel uncomfortable listening to bands whose ideologies don't align with their own then why not just listen to one of the other 5 million bands that exist rather than having to worry about something they will have absolutely no influence over in any way. Seems like a waste of time and energy to me  :laugh:

I get the not wanting to pay for music created by people who have views or aesthetics you don't like, but letting it affect your enjoyment of the music is illogical but sher lookit. Luckily the Earth Crisis' of this world don't pose such problems for me:)

I like the idea of that Norse mystical battle stuff but I can't get into any of those bands. Grand as a soundtrack or whatever but I can't stay interested. Nice write up though, bar some of the strange comments. THEY ARE GUARDIAN READERS THOUGH.