C'mon guys, we know you're out there enjoying the fruits of this asylum.
Jump in and join us, it's great craic....

We need new blood as it's turned into a bunch of old cranky lads arguing with each other and the world in general.....

¡Vamos!

Agreed there. Will this site live up to become something as promising as its predecessor I wonder? It isn't looking that way anyway considering only a handful of us contribute

Sure MI was cadaverous for years before CT pulled the plug.

I'm happy enough with this one. It's more active than the later years of MI. Forums are probably never going to reach the heights they were at in the 2000s again. I still think they are a great way to find out about new music without having to see pictures of peoples pets, lunch and  new haircuts.

McLove sent me a dickpic in the PM section. A nice touch without getting too personal.

#7 January 27, 2021, 12:08:15 PM Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:10:09 PM by Nazgûl
Maybe this is a good time to ask this question:

Where do the regulars here tend to go for their music news (be it just metal and in general)?

I have a few for general music like Treblezine, The Thin Air for Irish stuff, but haven't really a notion where to go for heavier/underground music recommendations and articles with a good writing standard. Sometimes I'll check out Invisible Oranges.

Anyway, I ask because I still think forums are great for this type of thing, but would appreciate some more sources when it's quiet around here.

Quote from: Pedrito on January 27, 2021, 12:03:50 PM
McLove sent me a dickpic in the PM section. A nice touch without getting too personal.

That was my clitoris. You're not ready to see my cock yet

I miss Leather Mike...we also need a Riotact666 type on here to stir things up....

I would imagine participation is down because of the climate we are in. For a start there is no gigs to discuss and won't be for a while. I'm very grateful for the existence of this forum because it gives me a break from going on YBIG and talkceltic which are obviously soccer forums but I do think there was a mistake made with the name-metal warfare could be based in any country in the world (and doesn't instantly suggest its a heavy metal site either) but if it had been called Metal Eire for instance you'd be left under no illusions as to what you were looking at and might draw in more stragglers

Quote from: Bogmetaller on January 27, 2021, 12:16:43 PM
I would imagine participation is down because of the climate we are in. For a start there is no gigs to discuss and won't be for a while. I'm very grateful for the existence of this forum because it gives me a break from going on YBIG and talkceltic which are obviously soccer forums but I do think there was a mistake made with the name-metal warfare could be based in any country in the world (and doesn't instantly suggest its a heavy metal site either) but if it had been called Metal Eire for instance you'd be left under no illusions as to what you were looking at and might draw in more stragglers
Absolutely this. Missed a beat there for sure. I wonder could Hambeast (if he wanted to) change the name.?
There's so many great Irish bands and I'm sure they'd help draw a few, as you say, stragglers on here.
Fookin place is drippin for a few chicks....

Quote from: Nazgûl on January 27, 2021, 12:08:15 PM
Maybe this is a good time to ask this question:

Where do the regulars here tend to go for their music news (be it just metal and in general)?

I have a few for general music like Treblezine, The Thin Air for Irish stuff, but haven't really a notion where to go for heavier/underground music recommendations and articles with a good writing standard. Sometimes I'll check out Invisible Oranges.

Anyway, I ask because I still think forums are great for this type of thing, but would appreciate some more sources when it's quiet around here.

I get most of my music news from The Obelisk (theobelisk.net) given that I listen to a lot of that sorta stuff and from labels/blogs/magazines/bands that I follow Twitter posts these days. 

I enjoy this board there's a bit of craic on it but it would be nice to have more users and contributions for sure.

Once gigs start up again the place should get a bit of a boost.

Yeah, I think it's probably quiet because of the lack of gigs. The gig list was a great source of discussion until they stopped  :( :(

In answer to the question above about other sources of news, Blabbermouth, Bravewords, although it's a lot of the same on both.