Quote from: leatherface on December 16, 2020, 08:32:01 AM
Just have 'Johnny The Fox' and 'Life Live'.

'Thunder and Lightning' is one I've been meaning to get, any use?

Thunder and Lightning is their heaviest and best album. No filler tracks, which to be fair are usually dotted across most Lizzy albums.

#16 December 16, 2020, 11:33:19 AM Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:39:13 AM by Pedrito
Quote from: Jward on December 15, 2020, 07:28:06 PM
I'm a fan of all the guitarists tbh
And don't dismiss Gary Moore
What an incredible talent

I've read 3 books on Philo
His mother
Some English Rock journalist
And some fella from Carrigaline, Cork

A fascinating life

Pity he's gone, but some legacy left behind

https://youtu.be/2QTtXqDjNP4

Gary Moore was probably Lizzy's most talented guitarist. The idea that he could be somehow dismissed is literally absurd. His performance on the Black Rose album is second to none. Times change and tastes change but that album, and the title track especially, are stone cold Lizzy classics that spawned a million imitators. Without Lizzy there's no Maiden, and I would probably say Power Metal, Epic Metal, Pirate metal, whatever is overblown and bombastic and has duelling guitars i.e. almost the whole 1980's.

I read the one by his mother and another one called The Rocker: both excellent. An amazing story in so many ways.

The Rocker was Mark Putterford's one, if memory serves. Got me through a few night shifts when I was a security guard, great read. His mother's one was decent, if far from objective. I must pick up the updated version.

Thunder And Lightning isn't great IMO, nor is Renegades. A few good tracks between them but quute cheesy overall. Probably for the best that they didn't last much longer.

I love Thunder & Lightning personally.

Quote from: leatherface on December 16, 2020, 08:32:01 AM
Just have 'Johnny The Fox' and 'Life Live'.

'Thunder and Lightning' is one I've been meaning to get, any use?

Ya, it's the metal album really. They do drag the bollocks out of a few songs but the good outweights the bad.

Best band to walk the Earth

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 16, 2020, 10:32:56 PM
Quote from: CorkonianHunger on December 16, 2020, 10:23:29 PM
Best band to strut the Earth
Fixed that for you.

:laugh:
Had the very same thought. How often can that be said to happen between the two of us?  ;) :abbath:

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 16, 2020, 10:32:56 PM
Fixed that for you.

Hah true, probably not the easiest to play in platform shoes. Gorham made it his signature stance anyways.

I like Lizzy a lot, but Chinatown is about the only one I'd go through without skipping tracks.

Black Rose is a great record but Sarah - come on.

Quote from: DaveG on December 18, 2020, 09:38:46 PM
I like Lizzy a lot, but Chinatown is about the only one I'd go through without skipping tracks.

Black Rose is a great record but Sarah - come on.

Jailbreak is the only Lizzy album I own - I'd never skip a track on it!

The rocker & Emerald🤘