December 01, 2020, 12:36:48 PM Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:38:43 PM by Eoin McLove
I searched for a dedicated Primordial thread to no avail. An unforgivable oversight!

I have A Journey's End on at the moment and it's not one I reach for very often when in a Primordial mood. I don't know why I don't give it more time as it is a fantastic album. They arguably peaked with their early embryonic style on the next album,  Spirit the Earth Aflame, but this album is so gloomy and experimental that it really captures my imagination whenever I do choose to listen to it. The old musty photographs of the trees and the workmen walking through the fields captures the atmosphere of the music quite well, too. I love the mix of styles used across the album, and yet despite the difference between the epicness and savagery of the likes of Bitter Harvest, the acoustic Dark Song, the drone of Solitary Mourner (an unusual choice for the time, perhaps?), the seemingly omnipresent acoustic guitar strumming behind the electric, the album is a coherent whole. There is so much to get lost in.

It is the sound of a band out on their own, haunting the outer periphery of black metal, pagan folk metal and doom. A masterpiece? Maybe baby.

I suppose we can delete this thread so.