November 30, 2020, 01:24:44 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 01:42:43 PM by ochoill
Said I'd post this here if anyone is interested.  I've slowly put together an EP, "Bell Nails", over the course of the year.  It is done since the weekend and online today.  If you like a bit of odd electronic/industrial/metal/rock, you might enjoy this.  Synth and Drum Machine heavy, layers of guitars and noise, a few samples, all DIY, mostly stuck together in my house.  It's up for free download at bandcamp at the link below.  All feedback appreciated.  Cheers for checking it out!

ochoill.bandcamp.com

Don't know what to put in as FFO, but it is inspired by the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Faith No More, Devin Townsend, Foetus, Killing Joke, Ulver, Type O, and one very particular bit of Green Velvet.

Just listened to Lucid Heart there man and I'm mightily impressed.
I'll give the EP a good listen to later at home.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on November 30, 2020, 01:49:33 PM
Just listened to Lucid Heart there man and I'm mightily impressed.
I'll give the EP a good listen to later at home.
Glad you liked it, cheers for giving it a go!

Very cool, John. Nice mix of heavy guitars and synthy stuff. Vox are cool too.

Quote from: Emphyrio on November 30, 2020, 03:44:08 PM
Very cool, John. Nice mix of heavy guitars and synthy stuff. Vox are cool too.
Thanks!  Putting both the Microfreak and Drumbrute to good use for this one.

Yeah it's really cool. I can hear a bit of GGFH and Lycia in there which is right up my alley.

Quote from: Anton Arcane on November 30, 2020, 09:14:04 PM
Yeah it's really cool. I can hear a bit of GGFH and Lycia in there which is right up my alley.
Thanks!  I have a fondness for that sort of industrial alright lol

Spiral reminds me of Akercocke or maybe more like Voices actually. Well the first half of it anyway, and the second half a bit as well now it's on here

#8 May 07, 2021, 01:44:49 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:10:38 PM by ochoill
Ochoill - "Considerations" (2021)

https://ochoill.bandcamp.com

---
I've released another EP of my own stuff today - if you enjoyed the last one, you might like this, though it's a little different.  These are some tracks from the writing and recording of the last EP, Bell Nails, that didn't make the cut, mostly from being too varied/different to the five that got on there.  These are left as instrumentals, released to finish them off, and vary from electronic rock, to rave, to drone.  It's not metal.  It's up for free as usual, so download away, Feedback appreciated.  Cheers!