Having gone through their discography the last couple of days, i think a lot of their symphonic stuff is rather hit and miss. Where as their death metal output is underrated.

Yeah 'Of Darkness' is a great straightforward death metal album and then 'Beyond Sanctorum' blends the death metal and progressive elements brilliantly... After that it starts to go downhill fairly quickly. 'Symphony Masses' has some great tunes but the vocals are terrible. The rest is mostly absolute symphonic shite.

I'm a massive fan. Love the old stuff and the new stuff but for me the best line up they ever had was on the gothic kaballah/ sitra ahra run.
Snowy Shaw was one of the best vocalists they ever had in the band and that live dvd they released on the gothic kaballah tour is one of my favourite live dvds.
I actually kind of liked that French covers album they released too. They have a new album coming in December apparently.
I hope it's good.

I'm a fan of all eras of the band but that last one they released a couple of years back was awful, overblown muck. I got the first five in a cassette collection which is pretty cool and really  highlights how they, well, Christofer, developed his original vision through the years.  I remember he attracted a lot of ire, threats even, from Varg and co back in the day, presumably for following his own path.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on November 12, 2020, 04:37:58 PM
I'm a fan of all eras of the band but that last one they released a couple of years back was awful, overblown muck. I got the first five in a cassette collection which is pretty cool and really  highlights how they, well, Christofer, developed his original vision through the years.  I remember he attracted a lot of ire, threats even, from Varg and co back in the day, presumably for following his own path.

Ya i think some people tried to burn his house down.

https://youtu.be/0ihfrJViQ0M

New song released today.
Kinda sounds like something from deggial.
Sounds decent.

First impression ,..christmassy
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes