I don't know why, but while listening to Suhnopfer ( the bands do not sound a like), it suddenly came into my head I'd love to see Diablolical Masquerade reunite and put out a new album. Nightwork is such a great album.

What other metal bands that have called it quits, would you like to see get back together.

I've never checked out DM. Gong to do it this evening.

I would say Sentenced but Mika's gone so that ship has sailed, have to have a ponder on that but I agree Nightwork is a cool album.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Raven dusk in my heart was the only album I liked.

Id love to see Old mans child and The third and the mortal do another album..

I love The Pagan Prosperity and recently picked up Born of the Flickering, which is also cool. I never followed up on their other albums and dire artwork didn't help their cause. Is the later stuff worth investigating?

I had The Pagan Prosperity on this morning as it happens.

The I'll natured  album after PP is very good also,with hogland on drums.

I remember one of my mates picked it up at the time it came out but for some reason (The artwork on that wasn't as bad as what followed so who knows what sort of hairbrained teenage excuse I had) I never bothered grabbing a loan of it.

Theres a new OMC album in the works it seems, Galder posted a few videos....the early ones are great but I lost interest after the one Gene Hoglan played on...

As for Diab Masq- I love all the albums, but esp the first one... Dan Swano talks a bit about them in the recent podcasts hes appeared on.  I guess if katatonia and bloodbath stall then Blackheim might return to it, but he said it was done.... who knows.

The bands in question may still be active according to Metal Archives but with no releases from Vinterland, Dawn and Sacramentum for over twenty years now I'd love to see that change. Was supposed to see the latter playing Far Away From the Sun in its entirety at Netherland's Deathfest earlier this year but will have to wait another seven months at the very least.

Quote from: Cailleach on November 01, 2020, 07:06:49 PM
I don't know why, but while listening to Suhnopfer ( the bands do not sound a like), it suddenly came into my head I'd love to see Diablolical Masquerade reunite and put out a new album. Nightwork is such a great album.

What other metal bands that have called it quits, would you like to see get back together.

I'd love to see Diablolical Masquerade reunite and put out a new album. Nightwork is such a great album.

Considering Diabolical Masquerade is just Blakkheim,  the idea of DM breaking up only to reunite is pretty funny! Anyway "Ravendusk. ." Is truly a classic album,  actually Blakkheim sells signed copies of all his albums on discogs for anyone interested.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on November 02, 2020, 10:30:04 AM
I'd love to see Diablolical Masquerade reunite and put out a new album. Nightwork is such a great album.

Considering Diabolical Masquerade is just Blakkheim,  the idea of DM breaking up only to reunite is pretty funny! Anyway "Ravendusk. ." Is truly a classic album,  actually Blakkheim sells signed copies of all his albums on discogs for anyone interested.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on November 02, 2020, 10:30:04 AM

Well Swano is listed as a member on MA, but i take your point Blakkheim is the main man.

I wouldn't let the fact old man's child's later album covers being shit put you off them.
Apart from Revelation 666 the rest of them are really good.
Nic barker plays on In Defiance Of Existence.
That album is great.
If you like the early stuff you should enjoy them. They are not a band that changes too much which is a good thing imo.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 02, 2020, 05:04:22 PM
Cool. I'll dive in.

I'm always surprised you dig OMC Mc Love, I mean I know I find the over abundance of plinky plonky keys grating at times!?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#14 November 02, 2020, 08:24:28 PM Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 08:29:22 PM by Eoin McLove
Nothing wrong with a bit of twinkle!

When I was in 5th year I went on a school trip around Germany, Holland and Belgium. I visited a record shop in Bruges and picked up The Pagan Prosperity (and Serpents of the Light- 1997!) so I have fond memories attached. I also just think the album is a ripper and over the past few years I've been listening to massive amounts of early Norwegian BM, a lot of which has a twinkly element. I've burnt out on a lot of the filthier stuff just from listening to too much of it so going back to this stuff it feels more fresh and exciting to me lately.