It has been so long since i listened to them that I had forgotten how class their early albums are. Ophidian Wheel and Mystic Places Of Dawn are brilliant. I prefer these albums to all their recent releases, not that the more recent ones are bad, just not as epic in my view.

#1 October 10, 2020, 11:17:43 AM Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:45:28 AM by warhead
Early Septic Flesh is a classic in my book, especially Mystic Places Of Dawn.
Have stopped following them in late 90's. Guess I'd prefer not to like them based simply on their image(which is a totally stupid thing to do), but if being honest, while their post 2000's stuff is not something I'd listen to much, is still good.

Wasnt mad about the early stuff but Sumerian Daemons onwards I listen to regularly.

I like all their stuff bar some late 90s releases,Sumerian Daemons ,Communion ,and The Great Mass are all brilliant. Communion a real gem.

Communion is a modern classic for sure, its really a standout. I love Esoptron and a few of the other early ones too... all the albums after Communion are ok, if a bit samey sounding at this stage, i dont go back to them - but Communion is easily their finest moment to my mind...

Never actually checked them out. What is a good album to start with?

Quote from: Blackout on October 12, 2020, 10:37:04 PM
Communion,unbelievable album.

Esoptron is their magnum opus. A masterpiece.

Quote from: Blackout on October 12, 2020, 10:37:04 PM

I'd start at the start with MPoD and work forward. They have several good albums and they were one of those bands that could reinvent their sound successfully to stay fresh. The drum machine does get a bit annoying at times, though.

Their early albums are classics, Probably gonna check out their first ep and first 2 demos at some point.
Not too enthused about the later stuff but it has it's place I guess.