Since there's a few fans of the band here, limited info but it seems they're done for a while.  Would be a fan of a few of their albums around Judgement, though I wasn't gone on the last few it's a shame they're done, never got a chance to see them live either unfortunately.  And yeah though it says hiatus, I imagine it is permanent.

https://www.facebook.com/125049763628/posts/10158682760833629/

I had a feeling some bands might struggle if they cant get out gigging and earning a few bob for themselves.
Wouldnt be surprised if there a few are thinking the same thing.

What's the reason behind announcing these kind of things? Is there a business reason with record companies, or is it just politeness to the fans?
I presume people weren't expecting gigs for a while. And if a band doesn't release material for a few years I don't particularly notice even.

Bands often break up and then you find yourself at their reunion tour, why draw the line under it?

It's to let you know that they are lowering themselves to do a day's work.  Which is sad.

:'(

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2020, 08:23:30 PM
It's to let you know that they are lowering themselves to do a day's work.  Which is sad.

:'(
IF they can find it...  :-\

Yeah i dont get it,,whats the point of this announcement?

'Nathema!...  Family!!.......

Papa Cav in great form

Is there a link to send them a retirement few quid or are they holding off on that just now?

They love the 'nathema family so much they can't even bear to play music if someone isn't paying them for it. So sad.

It'll be a lonely old wait in the shakepit.

Sounds like he was in Nam from that interview

Quote from: Pedrito on September 23, 2020, 07:58:56 AM
Sounds like he was in Nam from that interview
Easter Road will do that to you...  :laugh:

Ah come on, now. They were "left with no option". The fans didn't try hard enough, didn't dig deep enough, with the band having investigated and exhausted every possible alternative. And so it comes to this, the indefinite hiatus, the most ignominious of hiatusseses. This morning should be filled with reflection, each of us asking ourselves "What more could I have done to prevent this?" With family like these fans, who needs enemies?