I'm going to say it and I don't care what ye think - I think six feet under are a class outfit.
stripped back, heavy as fuck riffs. great driving drums and Barns vocals suit the overall tone of their music to a T.
Id be a big fan of the stuff he did with CC too but SFU are a different beast alltogether.
Granted Zodiac is a poor offering but what band don't have a few stinkers to their name.
Seed of filth would be one of my top ten death metal songs. Its good enough to make up for 10 zodiacs.
In conclusion, "everyone" does not think "SFU are spasticated".

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on October 13, 2020, 11:27:43 PM
I'm going to say it and I don't care what ye think - I think six feet under are a class outfit.
stripped back, heavy as fuck riffs. great driving drums and Barns vocals suit the overall tone of their music to a T.
Id be a big fan of the stuff he did with CC too but SFU are a different beast alltogether.
Granted Zodiac is a poor offering but what band don't have a few stinkers to their name.
Seed of filth would be one of my top ten death metal songs. Its good enough to make up for 10 zodiacs.
In conclusion, "everyone" does not think "SFU are spasticated".

:abbath: :abbath: :abbath: well fucking said!!

It's heartening to see people having the courage to come out as Six Feet Under fans.

Let's have a Six Feet Under reveal party for fans.

#21 October 15, 2020, 02:32:06 PM Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 02:35:03 PM by mickO)))
Playing live along with decades of heavy weed smoking is what has destroyed his voice. I use to love the early material as a teenager and was devastated when the Dublin show back in 2005 was cancelled.

Edit: If I remember correctly it was actually this very day 15 years ago that the gig was suppose to happen in the Village. Chris Jericho's metal band ended up playing instead.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 15, 2020, 02:32:06 PM
Playing live along with decades of heavy weed smoking is what has destroyed his voice. I use to love the early material as a teenager and was devastated when the Dublin show back in 2005 was cancelled.

Edit: If I remember correctly it was actually this very day 15 years ago that the gig was suppose to happen in the Village. Chris Jericho's metal band ended up playing instead.
Shit buzz. Especially when you consider straight afterwards they went ahead with their tour of Australia and New Zealand.

Six Feet Downunder

I think the whole thing comes from the conflated notion in metal that technical or "highbrow" equals good. It's like saying everyone should hate a plain ham sandwich when you can get [insert complicated, highbrow sandwich here].  Sometimes I want a plain ham sandwich?

I think the whole thing is funny tbh. If they played in Ireland I'd be there, they have some classic groovy riffs here and there and I'd love to get totall plastered watching them. Insect is a great tune.

Not in the slightest, I love loads of unsophisticated bands. SFU are just lacking in imagination. Their riffs are entry level, my first death metal riff standard stuff. A bit of imagination and really basic music can become the most powerful you'll experience, but if your ability amounts to wishing you could write something as exciting as St Anger, then I'll have to pass  :laugh:

Or to extend your metaphor,  a ham sandwich is amazing- it just needs mustard!

And a nice slice of tomato. And maybe a bit of lettuce. And beef instead of ham. And roast spuds instead of cheese. And gravy instead of mustard...