Quote from: Caomhaoin on September 16, 2020, 12:33:35 PM
The bird bought some extremely expensive foie in Paris (where she works sometimes) and I was horrified to see her put fig jam on top of it. Savage combination as it turned out, and par for the course for the frogs anyway.

Speaking of such things and bringing them back to cheese; roasted or flash-fried goats cheese drizzled with honey... :-*

Quote from: Carnage on September 16, 2020, 12:40:08 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on September 16, 2020, 12:25:43 PM
Quote from: Carnage on September 16, 2020, 12:03:55 PM
10 mins. on a tray in the oven at 180. Perfick.
10 minutes is too long to wait dawg.
Preheat the oven while you're sprinkling on the water and then microwave as I said. Bang the pizza in the oven and you'll be sorted in under 5 minutes total.

The oven was preheated and I had time as I was making coffee anyway. Microwaving pizza makes shite of it, too soggy.
Trust me lad, my technique works a treat.
30 or 40 seconds in the microwave and about 4 minutes in the oven (5 if you like it extra crispy) Perfect crispy pizza...

Don't even bother reheating, cold breakfast pizza is the king

When you look in the Pet Peeves thread and it reminds you to take in your dry washing before it rains.

:laugh: very good Ducksoy...  :laugh:

The missus thinking you've only had 3 bottles when you've actually had 6 cos you've been discretely using the recycling bin.

Also, a BBQ listening to Depeche Mode.

Quote from: Emphyrio on September 19, 2020, 06:23:14 PM
Also, a BBQ listening to Depeche Mode.

A BBQ with good taste, but does it also taste good?

Surely Depeche Mode in any situation can qualify as a simple pleasure?

On the bottles of beer thing, my wife regularly asks me how the fuck did I get so bad off only 3 cans due to my very discreet knack of switching between empties and fulls.

Painting tonight, and now that I have finally gotten the hang of cutting in, I'm really enjoying it for a change

Quote from: ochoill on September 16, 2020, 10:48:21 AM
Pear is decent with cheese and meats.  Yeah I'd give that toastie a go, it sounds great.  I've had a sort of pear chutney with black pudding before and it was a lovely combination.

Pan fried pear and pork chops for Sunday dinner tomorrow. A Nigel Slater recipe, very simple and an old favourite of mine. Fry chops and sliced pear in garlic and oil. Remove. Dash of white wine and stock onto sticky bits in pan. Reduce to sauce. Serve with new potatoes and zingy salad and glass of wine.

Being in charge of a BBQ is great for covert drinking, or at least because it's an important job people are afraid to criticise the cook.

Have painting to look forward to myself this week. Not looking forward to that cutting in lark. Pure cunt of a job.

I bought a pack of brushes in tesco which are shite for most of the wall but pure brilliant for the cutting in. No more masking off for me and the lines are straight as fuck. If you are looking for an easy way out they are called paint saving brushes and have pure plastic looking cunts of bristles on them but really do the job. Pack of 5 sizes for a tenner or less.

Painting is also great for the covert drinking but it gets harder and harder as I go on. One night during the lockdown I was painting in the little shitter under the stairs and I was properly harpooned coming out of there after a couple of hours. My wife was delighted with me. Luckily that time I avoided cutting in at all by painting it white. Would have been some messy result otherwise.

Smashin'. I'll pick up a pack of them.