Quote from: Bigmac on September 15, 2020, 08:15:51 AM
Quote from: ochoill on August 01, 2020, 12:17:50 AM
Pizza sandwich is also magnificent, even if it's a lot of bread.  Best use two slices of brown to offset the white dough pizza crust.  Pasta bake doesn't hold up well but cheap packet "instant" pasta is designed for a sandwich, like that knorr pesto one in the dusty packet.

I think I said this on an old MI thread, but lasagne on toast is unreal. Big slab of lasagne between to bits of crispy, buttery toast.
Ah jesus yeah that sounds unreal.

I made the most amazing toastie cheesies last weekend with a mix of white cheddar and blue cheese, finely sliced pear and fried bacon. They were something else.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 15, 2020, 05:51:49 PM
I made the most amazing toastie cheesies last weekend with a mix of white cheddar and blue cheese, finely sliced pear and fried bacon. They were something else.

Are you having a laugh? That sounds absolutely disgusting.

I think it sounds delicious. I'm going to make that toastie for my missus who is vegan. Bread and pear, mmmmmmmm....  :P

The only thing blue cheese goes well with is the other rubbish in the bin. Vile stuff. I'm intrigued by the pear, though.

Pear is decent with cheese and meats.  Yeah I'd give that toastie a go, it sounds great.  I've had a sort of pear chutney with black pudding before and it was a lovely combination.

Pear and blue cheese is a classic combo.

Blue cheeses are the nobility (old and blue-blooded) of cheese; definitely worth acquiring a taste for, it's not far off the difference between (albeit fancy and delicious) grape juice and red wine.

Pear and black pudding is something I've definitely had in the past and remember being a killer combo.

Heating up the last 2 slices of last night's pizza for breakfast. Can't bayt it.

Quote from: Carnage on September 16, 2020, 11:56:36 AM
Heating up the last 2 slices of last night's pizza for breakfast. Can't bayt it.
That's how you can tell good pizza. By how good it is the next day reheated.
I sprinkle a bit of water on the slices. Stick in the microwave for 30 or 40 seconds and then bang into the preheated oven until they crisp up a bit. Perfecto..  :abbath:

10 mins. on a tray in the oven at 180. Perfick.

Quote from: Carnage on September 16, 2020, 12:03:55 PM
10 minutes is too long to wait dawg.
Preheat the oven while you're sprinkling on the water and then microwave as I said. Bang the pizza in the oven and you'll be sorted in under 5 minutes total.

The bird bought some extremely expensive foie in Paris (where she works sometimes) and I was horrified to see her put fig jam on top of it. Savage combination as it turned out, and par for the course for the frogs anyway.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on September 16, 2020, 12:25:43 PM
Quote from: Carnage on September 16, 2020, 12:03:55 PM
10 minutes is too long to wait dawg.
Preheat the oven while you're sprinkling on the water and then microwave as I said. Bang the pizza in the oven and you'll be sorted in under 5 minutes total.

The oven was preheated and I had time as I was making coffee anyway. Microwaving pizza makes shite of it, too soggy.