Just tried out Peckniff's Mistraal shower cream/bodywash. It's really great; cedar, vanilla, overall a smoky, woody fragrance, but not too sharp or acrid.

sometimes a new bathing product can really wake up your senses.

Ah fuck that, it's Wright's Coal Tar Soap or nothing for me

Quote from: astfgyl on June 30, 2020, 10:38:09 PM
Ah fuck that, it's Wright's Coal Tar Soap or nothing for me

I do like the distinctive smell of coal tar soap. It's very Old Spice but MORE

This probably should be in the Pet Peeves thread but.....
Picking out your Friday night selection of LPs and realising that the sleeves are sticky. Then smelling your hand thinking it's beer that one of your mates spilled on the sly two weekends ago but realising that it's actually tom cat piss...  :laugh:
From the cunting stray that broke into the house on Monday night. The bastid...  :laugh:

On hands & knees on the living room floor for half an hour there with rubber gloves, spray disinfectant and kitchen roll righting the urinal wrongs of Tom Arspraya...  :abbath:

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on July 03, 2020, 07:26:10 PM
This probably should be in the Pet Peeves thread but.....
Picking out your Friday night selection of LPs and realising that the sleeves are sticky. Then smelling your hand thinking it's beer that one of your mates spilled on the sly two weekends ago but realising that it's actually tom cat piss...  :laugh:
From the cunting stray that broke into the house on Monday night. The bastid...  :laugh:

On hands & knees on the living room floor for half an hour there with rubber gloves, spray disinfectant and kitchen roll righting the urinal wrongs of Tom Arspraya...  :abbath:

last week I left a window open by mistake for a few hours, came back to the house- tom cat, fucken annoying

When you've spent the whole day debugging code and then finally getting a nice [Finished in 0.5s].

Calls for a toke!

Having a toke is one of life's great pleasures, with or without the debugging victory.

On the subject of Tom cats, I had a cat with 3 kittens and a big dirty Tom got in the window and ripped the throats out the 3 of them. I reckon killing him with my bare hands would have been one of life's more simple pleasures, but my wife convinced me to let him go.

When you're studying part time and you manage to get all of your study done at work. Relaxing evening ahead.  :abbath:

Getting in home from a walk just as the last track on the album you were listening to ends.

Perfect timing.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 06, 2020, 07:25:08 PM
When you've spent the whole day debugging code and then finally getting a nice [Finished in 0.5s].

Calls for a toke!

Or when you have spent hours looking for a solution and you find it.

Quote from: Ducky on July 19, 2020, 06:46:59 PM
Getting in home from a walk just as the last track on the album you were listening to ends.

Perfect timing.

That is a great one, and quite the opposite of what happens to me when I go for a short spin in the car. A lot of the stuff I listen to has long songs and I often find myself sitting in the car waiting for the end of a tune before getting out so as not to break the mood. But as it's the simple pleasures thread I shall focus on the times it does work out and those are great indeed!

A genuine simple pleasure is - whenever I feel like checking out something new, be it metal or otherwise -, knowing I can pop on here and find something recommended within a minute or so. And, on top of that, if I don't like it, there's a bonus opportunity to rip the piss out of someone.

*Pops off to check out Imagika Om... consider yourself forewarned Kurt Cocaine!  :P :abbath:

Yeah I've discovered so much good music sifting through this and the old board. Pity the MI "recommend a non-metal album" is consigned to the internet dustbin, that was a treasure trove.

It was, savage thread. Untold choons and bands discovered.