Gave the yard and the house a serious clean this morning and fucked a heap of stuff in a skip, up since about 8 o'clock at it.  Finished it an hour ago.
Sitting here now with a few cans cooling in the fridge and nothing else to do for the day, moved my good speakers and records so they're facing the couch.  Pure relax

Eating made from scratch pizza with cold crisp beer and good tunes in the back garden with glorious sunshine for good measure.

Also got a good clean in, trip to the bottle bank, some spicy peanuts, a cold beverage, headphones, book, backgarden.

We could rename this thread to "Feeling Auld but Happy'.

Quote from: Ducky on April 25, 2020, 03:28:42 PM
Also got a good clean in, trip to the bottle bank, some spicy peanuts, a cold beverage, headphones, book, backgarden.

We could rename this thread to "Feeling Auld but Happy'.
'Feeling Amazing and Happy'

Shaved my head for the first time ever, blade zero, the shortest it's been since I was in nappies.

Jaysus it's a lot easier, isn't it? No combing, styling, bed head, dry almost as soon as you step out of the shower.

Quote from: Ducky on April 29, 2020, 03:21:36 AM
Shaved my head for the first time ever, blade zero, the shortest it's been since I was in nappies.

Jaysus it's a lot easier, isn't it? No combing, styling, bed head, dry almost as soon as you step out of the shower.
It's class alright.  :abbath: Abbath approves..  :abbath:

I have on and off been shaving my head since I was 15 - bar one or two times attempting to grow my hair out, I just buzz it back to blade 0 once a month.  Handiest haircut ever.
That said, I am currently attempting to grow it out a bit to see how badly bald I'm actually gone :lol:

2 blade for me with years,couldn't grow it,to much of skullett risk!

#398 April 29, 2020, 10:08:29 AM Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:52:26 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: ochoill on April 29, 2020, 08:53:03 AMI am currently attempting to grow it out a bit to see how badly bald I'm actually gone :lol:

Shaved mine off from long five years ago (actually, I  started by shaving half of my head to zero for a couple of weeks as a sort of mid-thirties, last chance to have a laugh and emulate Joey Daub's do from the Believer inlays which I was obsessed with as a teen), but I did it because I wanted to take a proactive approach and see if it would suit me rather than wait until all the world was dying for me to get rid of my last few stragglers. Looked grand. Shaved it again once since, but it's back proper long again for the moment now.

I shaved my head to 1 or a half from when I was about 15 until my mid-thirties.

My missus said to me about a year before we got married that she'd never seen me with hair. She'd only seen me once without the beard in all that time, due to a possible hangover-induced mishap when trimming the yoke that made me shave it all off.

So I decided to see what I looked like with hair, surprisingly, it all grew back and all the same colour. Found a style that I liked and kept it ever since. Now that the barbers are closed and I resemble a heavy from a 1970s B-grade mob movie, the clippers are looking mighty appealing.

I had a shaved head for a few years until I was about 15, grew it long then and it's been the same since. Looking back at some old photos and my head looks fucking massive without hair to cover it up! Going to keep it out as long as I can, until nature decides to bald it away from me

Go the whole hog, take a razor to it. Best feeling in the world the first time you run a hand over it.

I've been shaving mine for 20+ years (grew it out once, but shaved it off about 12 years ago, when my mother lost hers due to chemo, it was worth it for the laugh it gave her), makes life a lot easier. Haven't touched it for a coupla months, been toying with the idea of growing it again but I'm sure I'll break and get rid of it again. The beard's coming back nicely though.

I've thought about going the whole hog with a wet shave - I've got my nice soap, my sharp as fuck DE blades, my brush, but I can't find my actual razor (I haven't clean shaved my face in over two years now!).

I usually keep a good handful of hair, but it was back to just under my shoulders. It was becoming a pain in the hoop for washing/drying off (especially during winter) and I remember the liberation of cutting it off when it was almost waist-length years back.

Only found out you can cook a baked potato in a microwave, been having them every day for the last week

Spent most of yesterday cooking, grilled polenta squares with a spicy pepper, aubergine and bean ragout and basil and walnut pesto. I made enough to feed an army so same again tonight.
This morning I made a baked New York style cheesecake. Its sitting in the fridge, setting (only 4more hours) but it's taking all of my willpower to not just stick my face in and have at it  :)