You were busy in thise 10 mins.!

Quote from: John Kimble on April 22, 2020, 04:40:33 PM
Great stuff in aldi these days, and very reasonable. Brown Bear double IPA only €1.99 for a 500ml bottle, which works out better than the 4 for 10 offers you tend to see in other shops.

In the interests of science, I had to pick up a few of these this evening. Bloody good deal, that.

Aye, the Brown Bear stuff is a tasty drop.

Home cooked tofu kung po with rice for dinner earlier. Fucking tasty out. Now for a nice glass of uisce bheatha. Sláinte.

Taking a wee stroll around the block for half an hour and being able to see Venus clearly in the night sky.

Quote from: Scáthach on April 22, 2020, 10:18:35 PM
Home cooked tofu kung po with rice for dinner earlier. Fucking tasty out. Now for a nice glass of uisce bheatha. Sláinte.
Found out last week that me and my better half are 'flexitarians'....  :laugh:
We don't buy/cook meat or dairy products but if we're eating in someone's house, we'll not be bollox's and eat what they're eating.
If we're eating out we'll order the nicest meal on the menu, not the single vegetarian/vegan option on offer. Or if my daughter and her boyfriend cook/buy a meal at home and there's some left over we'll eat it instead of it let it go in the bin.
It's nice to be pigeonholed sometimes. Saves a lot of hassle explaining stuff....  :laugh:
Oh, and try and buy as much of your food, etc. loose and without packaging.....

For anyone who's thinking about giving up or cutting down on meat and dairy, it's a lot easier than you think. So much good information and nice veggie/vegan recipes available now.

Was lacto-veggie for most of my 20s (sorry, how the fuck is fish meat not meat?!), and I'm like that - I don't cook with meat at home and only really have it of I'm out (so not a whole lot these last six weeks)... couldn't do without cheese though, fucking love any and all kinds of it.

Also hard to beat some strained Greek yoghurt on raw oats in the morning :abbath:

I still eat chicken and fish, but more-or-less cut out red meat in December. Doctor's orders were to cut down but I just cut it out. I treated myself to a steak a week ago, and have another in the freezer, but compared to before, it's a big change. Feel better, lost weight (a stone in January alone), and enjoying my veg. a lot.

Quote from: Carnage on April 22, 2020, 11:02:25 PM
I still eat chicken and fish, but more-or-less cut out red meat in December. Doctor's orders were to cut down but I just cut it out. I treated myself to a steak a week ago, and have another in the freezer, but compared to before, it's a big change. Feel better, lost weight (a stone in January alone), and enjoying my veg. a lot.
Loving the veg and the weight loss. Was slim enough before but loving the fact that I didn't throw out any of my old clothes which now fit me again. Bonus!

One of the worst things I ever did was go back on the meat. Because I was off it for so long I hammered it, out on a hape of weight.

I find I can't digest pulses anymore, so vegetarianism became untenable, especially being wheat free since ten years ago. Like above though, only eat red meat when it's put in front if me now.

I'd go through phases of less meat but it's mostly from cooking things in batches - so we'd end up doing something like cooking bolognaise and eating it for two days, then veg soup for three, break it up a bit here and then you notice that suddenly you've only ate meat two or three days in a week without considering it.  I still love it mind and don't actively try to eat it / not eat it, its just sort of mad how without thinking you'd go from eating it daily down to half as much.

I've been cooking with less meat without fully cutting it out. So if I'm doing a bolognaise, instead of using the amount of mince I used to I'll substitute half of it with lentils, or throwing in a heap of extra veg to a risotto instead of chicken

Starting to see the weight drop, and found the amount I'm spending on my food shop has gone down a bit too

I think this needs a thread of its own.....

Since I bought a decent smart TV, just being able to sit on the couch with a belly full of strong beer and watch as much '70s Tangerine Dream live stuff as I like in comfort.

Was never into merch like band beermugs and the likes but bought an Iron Maiden Somewhere in Time Jigsaw and I'm like a 5 year old after Santy came. Album playing in the background. Class artwork.