I see Time's Up is 30. It took me years to warm to it. I still prefer Vivid and, especially, Stain but I've grown to really like Time's Up. The last couple of albums have been bangers, a great band overall, it must be said.

I only really know Vivid (which I got into via Cult of Personality being featured on  Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas of all things). Crazy record - pop sensibilities with virtuoso playing.

What's a good destination after that?

The only one I'd say is weak is Collideoscope, the rest you cannot go wrong with. Time's Up is the closest to Vivid only it goes further out in every direction. The heavy bits are heavier, the funky bits are funkier, etc. Stain is a darker album with a new bassist which a lot of their fans disliked at the time but it's my favourite of theirs. Either of those is worth checking out.

If you like them then definitely give Shade and The Chair in the Doorway a go too, the most recent albums.

Great band. Had Times Up on tape back in the day and loved. Kinda forgot all about them until a few years ago when I picked up Vivid, Times Up and Stain in a record store in Florida. Vivid is amazing. Got a great pop sensibility. Stain, as said is much darker and heavier.

Nice one chaps, I'll lash on Vivid tomorrow to get back up to speed, it's been a while.

As an aside, whoever compiled the soundtracks to the GTA games knows their stuff - I know more than a few people that got into Living Colour, L7 and Helmet though Radio X on San Andreas!

Quote from: Ducky on August 30, 2020, 01:10:59 AM
Nice one chaps, I'll lash on Vivid tomorrow to get back up to speed, it's been a while.

As an aside, whoever compiled the soundtracks to the GTA games knows their stuff - I know more than a few people that got into Living Colour, L7 and Helmet though Radio X on San Andreas!

Me included. Helmet gets regular spins these days and I first heard them on SA. What a game that was.

Just had a nice mountain stroll with Vivid and Time’s Up as the soundtrack. Deadly.

Ducky, give Ultraphonix a go, too. Glover with George Lynch and Pancho Tomaselli. It’s good stuff, more straightforward rock than Living Colour and Glover is class as always.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u_-gG8VLMjE

Jesus great sound off these lads..never paid them any attention. That last tune there by Utraphonix is quality.

Ducky, give Ultraphonix a go, too. Glover with George Lynch and Pancho Tomaselli. It's good stuff, more straightforward rock than Living Colour and Glover is class as always.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u_-gG8VLMjE
[/quote]

This is good gear cheers

I'm also late to the Living Colour game. I'd previously only been aware of Cult Of Personality but had never checked them out further.

I'm working my way through the back catalog and Stain has just arrived this morning in the post. Looking forward to getting stuck into it later.

Shade is a really good album. It gets regular listens  here. I love Program and Who Shot Ya.

Minor detail: Something I only discovered recently is that Corey Glover played a small role in Platoon. I'm possibly  in a minority that didn't know that though  ;D