Who are the best Thrash band of all time.......

Metallica
15 (26.8%)
Slayer
19 (33.9%)
Megadeth
8 (14.3%)
Anthrax
2 (3.6%)
Kreator
3 (5.4%)
Sodom
0 (0%)
Testament
1 (1.8%)
Exodus
2 (3.6%)
Sepultura
2 (3.6%)
Other
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

More interesting would be 'who are the best after Metallica'. I think Metallica will always win otherwise

Quote from: TheFlyingGiraffe on August 17, 2020, 03:47:28 PM
The Anthrax hate is way overblown let's be real.

Testament, and even though they aren't there, Death Angel are two of the most overrated bands in thrash though. Aggressive mediocrity is even too generous
Death Angel got interesting once they stopped playing thrash. Act III is one of the finest albums to ever come out of the Bay Area.

Quote from: Pedrito on August 17, 2020, 04:04:19 PM
More interesting would be 'who are the best after Metallica'. I think Metallica will always win otherwise

Evidently not on the votes so far though?

Megadeth by a distance. Testament the most consistent and currently their latest releases are the closest thing to trash compared to others.
Play the Academy July 13th

Exodus live > any other band on that poll.

Quote from: Giggles on August 17, 2020, 05:22:32 PM
Exodus live > any other band on that poll.

I really like Exodus and have seen them live 4 times but the best band as a spectacle on the Bay Area package tour that was on in the National Stadium was Death Angel.

Never got Sodom,had a few albums years back but never grabbed me.

Im a huge fan of the mid/late 90s Testament stuff,chunky and heavy.

Quote from: TheFlyingGiraffe on August 17, 2020, 03:47:28 PM
The Anthrax hate is way overblown let's be real

How's it overblown? I utterly detest them (bar a handful of songs). I'd honestly prefer to listen to some shite K-Pop than the scutter that Anthrax have produced.

More importantly, at this stage, I'd prefer to listen to Anthrax than read another post about how bad they are #meta

Destruction a contender for anyone? Certainly dyed in the wool thrash through and through!

Hashtag I did allude to that in my original post about how I felt about them :laugh:

Destruction? Just another b-tier (it we're being generous) generic AF thrash band.

Quote from: Ducky on August 17, 2020, 08:19:00 PM
Destruction? Just another b-tier (it we're being generous) generic AF thrash band.

I don't think you can be called "generic" if you're the first  ;)

Anthrax had some good stuff. Testament would interest me more than any of the rest and have for a while. 

Havent heard the latest Testament,but Anthrax recent output is far more interesting compared to a lot of the others imo.

Worship Music is a fantastic album (For All Kings wasn't), the best thing any of the 'big 4' have put out for a long time, though they're not really a thrash band anymore.

The last thrash album that really impressed me was Overkill's White Devil Armoury, and that was a few albums ago from them.

Slayer got my vote, at their peak they had an attitude and atmosphere that keeps me listening.