Who are the best Thrash band of all time.......

Metallica
15 (26.8%)
Slayer
19 (33.9%)
Megadeth
8 (14.3%)
Anthrax
2 (3.6%)
Kreator
3 (5.4%)
Sodom
0 (0%)
Testament
1 (1.8%)
Exodus
2 (3.6%)
Sepultura
2 (3.6%)
Other
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

We'll find strong points with every band on the list,but im judging this when bands were at their peak!,Metallica shading it ahead of Slayer.

Did Scott Ian just join the board?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

:laugh: There's so many options there I could go for depending on my mood, but with all the hate here for Anthrax it had to be done  :)

Could have gone for Kreator, could have gone for Seps, but sure feck it, no big deal either way, I don't think a popularity vote will change anyone's opinion.

#18 August 16, 2020, 11:11:03 PM Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:15:58 PM by Thorn
Ah ye scamp
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Went with Slayer, they're output up to Seasons was flawless.  Metallica were my favourite band growing up mostly due to Puppets and Ride.  But Hell Awaits and RIB are supreme thrash.

Slayer for me - they're far more consistent (everything from the debut to Divine Intervention is a classic - bar Hell Awaits, hate that record with a passion).

The only two Metallica records I return to these days are MoP and AJfA. The first two bore me to tears.

As for the other bands - Megadeth only have two albums worth a mention, Anthrax are (well, ye know), I only really like Kreator's post-2000 output (it's good, generic trash, almost the McDonald's of trash), I never thought of Seps as a trash band, Alex Scholnik is one of my favourite guitarists (the solo in First Strike is Deadly... fucking hell), but he's wedded to another generic band, Exodus are mostly a joke (Paul Baloff's "singing" can go fuck itself), and I've never listened to enough Sodom to really know (although Agent Orange is a frequent spin, so maybe I should check out more of their stuff).

Anyways, the best trash album is Dark Angel's Time Does Not Heal, followed by Voivod's Dimension Hatross :abbath:

If I was to turn things around and ask, of the bands listed, which is the worst, would the general consensus be Anthrax?

It would surely be one of the ones with no votes, no?

Quote from: Juggz on August 17, 2020, 02:25:14 PM
It would surely be one of the ones with no votes, no?

Not necessarily - sodom and exodus are the only 2 with no votes and to these ears they are both far superior to anthrax,who for me are the worst band on the list.

Anthrax are absolutely cuntish in terms of how bad they are. Exodus aren't too far behind, but the do have their own Stench of Redemption in the form of Tempo of the Damned.

Don't go all Trumpian like the Fox News lads in off topic. It's official - Sodom and Exodus are the shite here. The forum has spoken.

Sodom are desperately unremarkable, let's be honest.

In The Sign Of Evil, Persecution Mania, Code Red, Epitome Of Torture - all 5/5 releases.

I enjoy Spreading the Disease and Among the Living, Anthrax weren't on the level of the other three of the Big 4 but they at least had their own style/personality which is more than a lot of thrash bands that came out.

I'm a fan of Thrash but I've never been a listener that needs an encyclopedic knowledge on every obscure album that came out, especially in a genre that can sometimes be very derivative, so I'd stick to the Big 4, Voivod, Sepultura etc, the more unique bands imo.

The likes of Testament, Overkill, Exodus were good but would be too samey for me to stick on nowadays.

The Anthrax hate is way overblown let's be real.

Testament, and even though they aren't there, Death Angel are two of the most overrated bands in thrash though. Aggressive mediocrity is even too generous