July 28, 2020, 09:15:02 PM Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:17:31 PM by Nazgûl
Well, not that we need any more Metallica threads... on any forum anywhere...but Metallica stuck this up on their channel last night. Never before seen footage of a full show from 89, taken from the stage and sound from the mixing board.

Basically Live In Seattle in terms of set list, but with better sound! Fuckin great to hear Newsteds monster bass tone this well in a live setting (or otherwise!).

Decent headphones recommended.

https://youtu.be/8NAO6C6qrBA

That is one big arse sounding bass for sure. ...AJFA is a classic but I would still love a mix where you can hear Newstead.

Is that the fastest Motorbreath has ever been played (by them)? Jaysus!

Lars is such an absolute spastic. His babbling is nearly worse than his cuntish drumming.

He really is absolutely shite in every respect. If it wasn't his band, they'd still have the potential to be good with a decent drummer.

Great show this.

It's hilarious when they swap instruments around and as soon as Hetfield gets behind the kit the drums sound instantly more powerful....

Haha, nevermind that; there's a whole facing-off from crowd members during the bass solo, "Yeah? Well I'm gonna love kickin' your ass in a minute!" haha

I heard they were shite the last time they were in Slane, at lot improvisational bollocks when they could have been playing songs.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Quote from: livingabortion on July 30, 2020, 04:48:59 PM
I heard they were shite the last time they were in Slane, at lot improvisational bollocks when they could have been playing songs.

Nah they were well good, Spit out the Bone was absolutely killer. Slane itself is a shite venue. Yeah nice scenery and all that but logistically it's a nightmare.

Quote from: Nazgûl on July 28, 2020, 09:15:02 PM
Basically Live In Seattle in terms of set list, but with better sound! Fuckin great to hear Newsteds monster bass tone this well in a live setting (or otherwise!).

Took a couple of days, but listened to the whole thing now. Not quite sure why you think it has better sound than Live In Seattle tbh. Bass is slightly louder, but only in places (sounds great when it is, granted, as do his monster backing vocals), but the sound on Live In Seattle is fuckin' savage! This Irvine show lacks mainly in that a few of the harmonized guitar parts, most prominently the middle section of MoP, sound like "Metallica SHREDS!!!" parodies the guitars are that out of tune!  :laugh:

Very much enjoyed listening/watching, but certainly wouldn't revisit it over the Seattle show personally.

One thing is certain, that crowd is far more passive than the fucking animals in the Top Hat  :laugh: :abbath:

Quote from: Juggz on July 30, 2020, 07:17:32 PM
One thing is certain, that crowd is far more passive than the fucking animals in the Top Hat  :laugh: :abbath:
Especially that big prick with the mousy blonde mullet..  :abbath: