#135 July 25, 2020, 03:11:50 PM Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 03:32:30 PM by Pedrito
Convinced I have ADHD or something from my musical tastes.

Here's another one

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/05b6SYTPX9swEC25OBnjNH?si=5sl6ELKMTUKFO-mQv7I22g

Therapy-Evil Elvis
Voivod-Moonbeam Rider
Soundgarden-Room a Thousand Years Wide
Rush-Earthshine
Death Angel-Thicker Than Blood
Armored Saint-Reign of Fire
Helloween-Soul Survivor
Savatage-The Unholy
FNM-Sunny Side Up
Al di Meola-Lady of Rome, Sister of Brazil
Arnocorps-Pumping Iron
Blind Guardian-Time What is Time
The Flying Burrito Brothers-Do Right Woman
King Crimson-The Sheltering Sky
Misfits-Blacklight
Monster Magnet-Nod Scene
Forefather-Cween of the Mark
Eden Ahbez-Full Moon
Inside Out-Burning Fight
Metal Church-The Powers That Be
Public Image Ltd.-Rise
X-Sugarlight
Thin White Rope-Red Sun

Separate question: Is John Bush Anthrax worth checking out? Which album. Goddamn amazing with Armored Saint. I'd almost forgotten how damn amazing Savatage were too.

Room a Thousand Years Wide is such a savage song.

Quote from: Pedrito on July 25, 2020, 03:11:50 PMSeparate question: Is John Bush Anthrax worth checking out? Which album. Goddamn amazing with Armored Saint. I'd almost forgotten how damn amazing Savatage were too.

Hit and miss but We've Come For You All is the best of the Bush albums. The others have a few decent tracks spread across them, but I wouldn't rate any of the albums as a whole.

It should be noted that most people rate Sound Of White Noise highly, I think it's mostly filler myself.

#139 July 26, 2020, 08:58:17 PM Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:00:35 PM by TurnTheAirBlue
A Venom playlist. One of my favourite bands! I first got into them through headbangers ball in 1996.
They were doing their original lineup reunion 'tour' and played Dynamo with Slayer in support.
I don't think their albums were easy to get at the time, particularly on CD.
I bought some dodgy compilation, with a mix of Cronos and Demolition Man songs in HMV.
In 1997, Cast In Stone came out, along with a bonus disc with re-recorded versions of some of their classic tracks.
I have included some of these re-recordings in favour of the originals, just for some variety! Easy enough to listen to the originals on Spotify.
I love both the originals and these re-recordings. Cronos' voice on the re-recordings is as evil as he has ever sounded!!
The re-recorded version of Warhead is immense!!!
And, listen to the Demolition Man live version of Witching Hour!!! Raw fucking energy!!!

Midnight, six sixty-six, torment, bestial sex,
Mother, screaming in pain,
Father, rules hells domain...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5tEmmdMOM7IaQFc8WJAaya

Quote from: Carnage on July 25, 2020, 05:15:47 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on July 25, 2020, 03:11:50 PMSeparate question: Is John Bush Anthrax worth checking out? Which album. Goddamn amazing with Armored Saint. I'd almost forgotten how damn amazing Savatage were too.

Hit and miss but We've Come For You All is the best of the Bush albums. The others have a few decent tracks spread across them, but I wouldn't rate any of the albums as a whole.

It should be noted that most people rate Sound Of White Noise highly, I think it's mostly filler myself.

I gave TSoWN a go after the chat in the other thread, and bar 'Only' it was absolutely dreadful. Will never understand the appeal of Anthrax.

Room For One More, Hy Pro Glo, Invisible, 1000 Points Of Hate & C₁₁ H₁₇ N₂ O₂ S Na are all great tunes, not pushed about Only - bought the single at the time and it put me off them for years.

#142 July 27, 2020, 03:38:41 PM Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:40:30 PM by astfgyl
A fella gave me a lend of an Anthrax album once. Can't remember the name of it but it had an 8 ball on the front (I think). Around 97/98ish. One good song on it and all the rest was bad. There was a tune called Cupajoe that I'll never forget for how shit I thought it was.

Swinging it back on topic I have three of these listened to so far. I'm catching up!

I think every forum member knows every other member's most intimate thoughts on Anthrax by this stage...

Quote from: astfgyl on July 27, 2020, 03:38:41 PM
A fella gave me a lend of an Anthrax album once. Can't remember the name of it but it had an 8 ball on the front (I think). Around 97/98ish. One good song on it and all the rest was bad. There was a tune called Cupajoe that I'll never forget for how shit I thought it was.

Volume 8: The Threat Is Real - shit album but Crush and Killing Box are decent tunes.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 27, 2020, 03:51:51 PM
I think every forum member knows every other member's most intimate thoughts on Anthrax by this stage...

Yep.

Anthrax, Megadeth, Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, Sabbath, Motorhead, AC/DC. There are more as well, but certainly the Big 9 there.

There isn't a member on here who doesn't fall into at least one of those traps. Every single time. I mostly fall down every one of them even if it is only to say how I could never get into them.

Quote from: Carnage on July 27, 2020, 04:02:30 PM
Volume 8: The Threat Is Real - shit album but Crush and Killing Box are decent tunes.

That's the one. Chances are I'll never hear it again

Quote from: TurnTheAirBlue on July 26, 2020, 08:58:17 PM
A Venom playlist. One of my favourite bands! I first got into them through headbangers ball in 1996.
They were doing their original lineup reunion 'tour' and played Dynamo with Slayer in support.
I don't think their albums were easy to get at the time, particularly on CD.
I bought some dodgy compilation, with a mix of Cronos and Demolition Man songs in HMV.
In 1997, Cast In Stone came out, along with a bonus disc with re-recorded versions of some of their classic tracks.
I have included some of these re-recordings in favour of the originals, just for some variety! Easy enough to listen to the originals on Spotify.
I love both the originals and these re-recordings. Cronos' voice on the re-recordings is as evil as he has ever sounded!!
The re-recorded version of Warhead is immense!!!
And, listen to the Demolition Man live version of Witching Hour!!! Raw fucking energy!!!

Midnight, six sixty-six, torment, bestial sex,
Mother, screaming in pain,
Father, rules hells domain...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5tEmmdMOM7IaQFc8WJAaya

I can safely say that is the most Venom I have listened to in a single sitting in my life. Would never have been the biggest fan, but there were some quality moments in there in tunes I wasn't familiar with  :abbath:

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 22, 2020, 06:09:42 PM
Last one from me for a bit (though drop me a pm if you want one made), this is the one I made for someone a while back. It's a themed one, all relatively lost/forgotten demo bands from the late 80s to early 90s covering the point where thrash gradually morphed into Death Metal

https://www.mixcloud.com/pentagrimes/heavy-metal-vomit-party/

INCARNIS (USA)  -Shadow Side of God
NOSFERATU (SWE) - Religious Figment
FATAL(USA) - Nailed To The Unknown
CENOTAPH(Mex) - Tenerbous Apparition
MORTUARY(Mex) Abyss Angel
XYSTER(UK) - Subnormal
SINOATH(Ita) - The Raising Stillness
SATANIC HELLSLAUGHTER(Jap) - Abyss of Despair
BALVAZ(Nor) - Phlegmous
SALEM ORCHID (UK) - Nirvana of Agony
DARTH VADER's CHURCH(USA) - Resume Aggression
TRICIFIX(Ire) - Monothist
BLOODSPILL (USA) - Phantasm

Coming from such a reluctant metal-head, this might be the single most metal thing on the internet  :abbath:

Highly recommended to anyone into the whole "late 80s, early 90s" schtick who hasn't checked it out yet!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 27, 2020, 03:51:51 PM

A fair observation  :abbath:

Cracking mixes in this thread, only hit the Spotify ones up so far (due to how my set up is set up).

Would it be worthwhile doing some not-so-metal lists in off topic or throw them in here? Could serve as a surrogate for the much beloved 'Recommend a non-metal album' thread from ye olde forum.

Start a thread in the off-topic, I'm sure it would be appreciated by many, and it's really better all round to keep the main forum as metal oriented as possible.