Jaysus lads get a room. Ye are bromancing the good out of this thread😜

Quote from: Ducky on July 24, 2020, 07:24:02 PM
Was gonna do a punk one, but then realised there's less than ten punk bands I'm actually into, so it turned into this (not metal, but some adjacent sounds and moods).

The Gits - Absynthe
Babes in Toyland - Blood
L7 - Fuel My Fire
Scratch Acid - El Espectro
Bikini Kill - Magnet
D.I. - Youth in Asia
Excuse 17 - I'd Rather Eat Glass
Throwing Muses - Dirty Water
Helium - Skeleton
Slant 6 - 30-30 Vision
Heavens to Betsy - Axemen
Autoclave - Hotspur
Polvo - Stinger
Ex Hex - Everywhere
Aimee Mann - Say Anything
Sleater Kinney - Things You Say
Cocteau Twins - Musette and Drums

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6EnE5DQ0XuwrWW0OVfAM2C?si=o1gzs2ReTGWciKr3DkfPqQ

Looks cool that

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 24, 2020, 12:31:07 PM
Deicided to get this one out of my system before going for something a little more inspired at some point when I have more time. The theme is obvious, the style in the red and the blue corners, bar a couple of exceptions, is good ol' fashioned, easy listening, foot tapping, air drumming 90s death/thrash  :abbath:

https://www.mixcloud.com/metaphysiology/spiritual-metal-warfare/

I give you the "Spiritual Metal Warfare" playlist:

Intro (Live from the Vatican)
Destruction - Nailed to the Cross
Believer - Not Even One
Death - Spiritual Healing
Mortification - Overseer
Soulburn - Feeding On Angels
Tourniquet - Impending Embolism/Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
Deicide - When Satan Rules His World
The Crucified - Mindbender
Morbid Angel - Rapture
Vengeance Rising - Burn (Satan Burn)
Trouble - Fear No Evil
Bonus track

Tashty..next on the list

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 24, 2020, 08:25:40 PM
Jesus I feel like I've unleashed a monster, I can't actually keep up with them all haha!

I was thinking about that (trying to keep up) and hopefully it doesn't get spammed to death over and over, or not even over and over, more not too quickfire as 3/4 of it will be missed and it will become the iceberg thread. Saying that, I'm putting one together because I can't resist so there is that!

Deicided to get this one out of my system before going for something a little more inspired at some point when I have more time. The theme is obvious, the style in the red and the blue corners, bar a couple of exceptions, is good ol' fashioned, easy listening, foot tapping, air drumming 90s death/thrash  :abbath:

Believer - Not Even One
Mortification - Overseer
Morbid Angel - Rapture
Trouble - Fear No Evil
Bonus track
Good gear

Quote from: astfgyl on July 24, 2020, 10:40:48 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 24, 2020, 08:25:40 PM
Jesus I feel like I've unleashed a monster, I can't actually keep up with them all haha!

I was thinking about that (trying to keep up) and hopefully it doesn't get spammed to death over and over, or not even over and over, more not too quickfire as 3/4 of it will be missed and it will become the iceberg thread. Saying that, I'm putting one together because I can't resist so there is that!

It is kind of addictive, but you make a good point.  I am going to leave it  at three playlists.

I'm not even on about it being the same people throwing up multiples, there is nothing wrong with that either. Sure a chance to check out a load of new stuff without trawling through youtube/spotify/whatever can only be a good thing. I sort of feel duty bound to give them all a go so it's hard to keep in to it is all. Especially if I then find something to explore further. Others might feel the opposite maybe that the lists can't come quick enough, I dunno

They're there to be listened away to at your own pace sure.  I'm behind on a good few but it's great to know I can just lash some of these on while i'm working / tipping away at something, without having to broach the actual iceberg of metal.  I note the albums with the songs i like to check out later, and will get to them eventually lol.  I've a rake of other stuff to do at home too and these will be decent soundtracks to it.

I want to listen to them all but at the same time there are loads! I'm going to put more thought into my next one and leave it at that for a while. The iceberg of metal syndrome will creep in.

#130 July 24, 2020, 11:25:14 PM Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 11:27:03 PM by Ducky
The way I see it I'll be going though them at my leisure, so the more the merrier.

And for stuff that catches your ear, it's probably not just going to be one song and leave it, I can imagine most people checking out whole albums/bands. I've only gone through thrre myself and I'm stuck listening to new gear from those.

Up or down, this is the best thread I've seen on the forum (or the old one) in a very long time.

Edit - 99.99% of my music consumption is off my own back, so it's great to hear lists of stuff compiled by fellow music geeks.

I agree that this thread is brilliant. No trolling(so far) and hearing loads of new stuff is the business.
I’m gonna get through all of it as the days go on. I was thinking this evening that it will be interesting to hear what people put up as we move into Autumn and Winter.

Thought I'd join the fun....first time using audacity so forgive any clumsiness....

Negative Frequencies Vol.1

90ish minutes split across two tracks.....

https://soundcloud.com/locustfurnace/sets/negative-frequencies

Side A

"Come Out And Play"
Carcass "Exhume To Consume"
The Haunting Presence "Arsenic For This Pathetic Existence"
Grunt "Fucked By Steel"
diSEMBOWELMENT "Your Prophetic Throne Of Ivory"
Man Is The Bastard "Moloch"
Apartment 213 "Bizarre And Brutal Crimes"
Clandestine Blaze "Culling Species"
"Now Release Your Anger"
Intensive Care "Entertainment"
Rectal Hygienics "Bad Behavior"

Side B

Nausenbluten "Cunt Face" (excert)
Fetid "Consumed Periphery"
Black Mass Of Absu "Dragging The Putrid, Rotted Corpse Of Christ From It's Filthy, Rancid Tomb"
Disrotted "Spell Of Madness"
Crucifier "Demons Of Filth"
Agoraphobic Nosebleed "Acute Awareness (For Wood)"
S.T.A.B. Electronics "Aggressors"
Beherit "Sadomatic Rites"
Brighter Death Now "I hate You"
"Road Deaths"

Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

Believer - Not Even One
Mortification - Overseer
Morbid Angel - Rapture
Trouble - Fear No Evil
Bonus track

That was a great listen. Never listened to any of the Jesus bands before but the Believer, Mortification and particularly Tourniquet tracks are deadly, will have to dive a bit deeper on all three.

Quote from: Goro on July 25, 2020, 04:26:05 AM
That was a great listen. Never listened to any of the Jesus bands before but the Believer, Mortification and particularly Tourniquet tracks are deadly, will have to dive a bit deeper on all three.

Believer don't really have any bad albums, first two are stone cold classics, third one more experimental, and the come-back albums more modern sounding but still good imo.

For whatever reason, christian metal bands seemed to experiment much more than their "secular" counterparts. In the case of Mortification and Tourniquet, this led to a very hit and miss discography. Mortification, first four definitely worth a go, but nothing after that. Tourniquet, try first, third (the one the above track is taken from), and if you're still gagging for more, try Microscopic View of a Macroscopic Realm. Album after that, Where Moth & Rust Destroy isn't amazing but does feature Marty Friedman. And, as discussed recently, their latest album has Ripper Owens as vocalist on several tracks, which apparently is a good thing for some ears  :laugh: