I think most people are generally varying it up a little rather than sticking to specific subgenres, including songs from different genres but which work as a listening experience. That keeps it interesting as you're drawn to the list by one band but get exposed to others you're unfamiliar with.

Quote from: ochoill on July 23, 2020, 12:36:12 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 23, 2020, 12:11:14 PM
Oh, you did this right alright!  :-* :abbath:
Absolutely kick-ass playlist, although with a collection of tunes like this, it's even easier to lose track of which song you're on!  :laugh:
Lol cheers, glad you enjoyed that!  Yeah it's a bit instrumental heavy too which does sort of lead to getting lost, but it's all a (sort of) similar buzz so it doesn't matter.

I've never listened to Secret Chiefs 3. Does all their stuff have that kind of Estradasphere buzz about it??

They some quasi-ethnic folk tracks, blended with rock elements, which are my favourite tracks. Check out the songs 'the 3' and 'the 4' on YouTube, Chris. Best viewed in live version.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 23, 2020, 04:17:35 PMI've never listened to Secret Chiefs 3. Does all their stuff have that kind of Estradasphere buzz about it??
They're great so if you've never tried them before, you're in for a treat.  It's not all like that now mind, but close.  Has a bit of everything in there from Morricone-style soundtrack stuff, through heavily middle eastern inspired music, to electronic rock - really worth a fair test rather than an explanation lol.  Give

Book M a go to start, that could be my favourite (and has the song from the playlist on it), it's probably worth following that with Book of Souls: Folio A if you enjoy it, then anywhere into the discog.

They're also capable of abstract death metal that makes portal sound like Nirvana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQV6f1EsuvY

Sound, will explore. I've seen the name but never dug in.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 23, 2020, 06:10:40 PM
They're also capable of abstract death metal that makes portal sound like Nirvana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQV6f1EsuvY
I forgot about that, what a tune.

In the middle of your Industrial compilation there now and it is lethal, total fuckin horror, I love it

#97 July 23, 2020, 08:49:34 PM Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:59:22 PM by Cailleach
 Another playlist.
https://soundcloud.com/user-29498417/sets/dj-grim-reaper-1

Hirilorn- Through the Moonless Night
Naeblis - The Curse Of Evolution
Faustcoven - Under The Pagan Hammer
The Ruins of Beverast - Between Bronze Walls
Nachash - Astral Sacrifice
Akhlys - Breath And Levitation
Myrddraal - Blood On The Mountain
Abyssic Hate - Betrayed
Moonreich - Le Regard Du Pendu
Downfall of Naur - II - The Golden Age
At The Gates - Through Gardens Of Grief
Azelisassath - Upon the Vertex of Downfall
Demonomantic - II
Hænesy - Katruzsa II
Mortus Mutilati - Echoes from the Coffin
Eudaimony - December's Hearse
Kommodus - Where Iron And Blood Converge
Bezmir- Towards the Blood Gates
Krigsgrav- Leave No Path to Follow
Malist - Land of the Bewitched
Minenwerfer - Dragging the Dead Through Mountain Passes

Deadly. Fuck variety. Absolute bangers there.

Quote from: Cailleach on July 23, 2020, 08:49:34 PM
Another playlist.
https://soundcloud.com/user-29498417/sets/dj-grim-reaper-1

Hirilorn- Through the Moonless Night
Naeblis - The Curse Of Evolution
Faustcoven - Under The Pagan Hammer
The Ruins of Beverast - Between Bronze Walls
Nachash - Astral Sacrifice
Akhlys - Breath And Levitation
Myrddraal - Blood On The Mountain
Abyssic Hate - Betrayed
Moonreich - Le Regard Du Pendu
Downfall of Naur - II - The Golden Age
At The Gates - Through Gardens Of Grief
Azelisassath - Upon the Vertex of Downfall
Demonomantic - II
Hænesy - Katruzsa II
Mortus Mutilati - Echoes from the Coffin
Eudaimony - December's Hearse
Kommodus - Where Iron And Blood Converge
Bezmir- Towards the Blood Gates
Krigsgrav- Leave No Path to Follow
Malist - Land of the Bewitched
Minenwerfer - Dragging the Dead Through Mountain Passes

Just looking at that tracklist I'm guessing the 1 hour 30 minutes didn't apply here.

Quote from: open face surgery on July 24, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
Deadly. Fuck variety. Absolute bangers there.

Just looking at that tracklist I'm guessing the 1 hour 30 minutes didn't apply here.

;D
I got a bit carried away. I'll make sure the next one is within the alloted time.

Deicided to get this one out of my system before going for something a little more inspired at some point when I have more time. The theme is obvious, the style in the red and the blue corners, bar a couple of exceptions, is good ol' fashioned, easy listening, foot tapping, air drumming 90s death/thrash  :abbath:

https://www.mixcloud.com/metaphysiology/spiritual-metal-warfare/

I give you the "Spiritual Metal Warfare" playlist:

Intro (Live from the Vatican)
Destruction - Nailed to the Cross
Believer - Not Even One
Death - Spiritual Healing
Mortification - Overseer
Soulburn - Feeding On Angels
Tourniquet - Impending Embolism/Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
Deicide - When Satan Rules His World
The Crucified - Mindbender
Morbid Angel - Rapture
Vengeance Rising - Burn (Satan Burn)
Trouble - Fear No Evil
Bonus track

Got a proper run through of Grimes' Industrial mix yesterday evening and I'm now convinced that this is indeed a fantastic idea. I only knew 1 song off it and I really enjoyed all of it and found loads of new things to check out. Also, looking through the other lists there are so many tunes I don't know on those as well. I must download a few more of the Mp3 ones to listen to on my walkman at work.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 24, 2020, 03:20:46 PMI must download a few more of the Mp3 ones to listen to on my walkman at work.
I can send you MP3s of any of the ones I have up on mixcloud if you fancy anyway.  I have another one ready to fire up there now that's a completely different buzz again, I'll link it shortly.

Yours is next as it happens.

Although some useless cunt sent me a few shit demos I promised to listen to before I listen to anything good, so it'll be a while. Can I grab the playlists off mixcloud or anything like that, or do I need to be connected to listen to them?