#15 July 21, 2020, 02:45:42 PM Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:47:14 PM by open face surgery

#16 July 21, 2020, 03:52:08 PM Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:55:07 PM by Ducky
Fuck all surprises to anyone on here and poorly paced to boot. Finished off with a slice of cheese.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3kK4OUgQzOLwJjc2KEWM5e?si=Zb7Zy6nwT6iAQsMFm0j-cw

Contrarian - To Perceive is to Suffer
Suffering Hour - The Abrasive Black Dust
Chthe'ilist - Passage into the Xexanotth
Horrendous - Polaris
Maudlin of the Well - Bizarre Flowers/A Violent Mist
Kowloon Walled City - July
Unsane - Over Me
KEN Mode - Why Don't You Just Quit?
Hannes Grossman - Echoes of Wisdom
Alkaloid - Alter Magnitudes
Tomb Mold - Gored Embrace/Confronting Biodegradation
Defeated Sanity - Engorged with Humiliation
Ion Dissonance - The Bud Dwyer Effect
Deathspell Omega - Wings of Predation
Canvas Solaris - Spheres in Design
Exivious - Asurim
Indricothere - V
Iron Saviour - Burning Heart

I'll give this a go later as well after I try out some other lads' ones first.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 21, 2020, 02:28:29 PM
Right so, a very mixed bag of old and new heft of all colours from me:

https://www.mixcloud.com/pentagrimes/pentagrimes-metal-warfare-mix-21st-july-2020/

Intro (Mica Levi "death")
HYPERDONTIA - Majesty
EXPANDER - Mega Corps
REALM - Slay the Opressor
SAMHAIN - Possession
MAGGOT HEART - Sex Breath
GIL MELLE - Andromeda
INTENSIVE CARE - Six Months
CEREMONIUM - Unveiled Tears
TEMPLE NIGHTSIDE - Death Eucharist
DIMESLAND - Bound In Stone
TODAY IS THE DAY - She Is In Fear Of Death
AK'CHAMEL THE GIVER OF ILLNESS - Funeral Of A Woman Whose Soul Is Trapped In The Sun
MIGHTY SPHINCTER - Waltz in Hell
DIVINE EVE  - Last Of The Sunset Faded
VOIDCEREMONY -Sacrosanct Delusions
ELIZABETH COLOR WHEEL - Unknown Tomb
CHAT PILE - Rat Boy
PRONG - Force Fed
SUPER SURPRISE VERY HEAVY METAL CLOSING SONG - what could it be?? Let's find out

:abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Savage mix there man.

Did you pick that photo cos one'd be forgiven for thinking that's Kearns on the right??  :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: astfgyl on July 21, 2020, 03:53:25 PM
I'll give this a go later as well after I try out some other lads' ones first.

Not a fuckin week goes by that I don't think of this very comic lol

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 21, 2020, 02:28:29 PM
Right so, a very mixed bag of old and new heft of all colours from me:

https://www.mixcloud.com/pentagrimes/pentagrimes-metal-warfare-mix-21st-july-2020/

That was great, some stuff in there I'll be definitely following up on after that listen.  Going to give OFS and Ducky's Spotify ones a go tomorrow in work.

That Maggot Heart song sounds like Occultation covering The Runaways. Deadly buzz, sticking the album on the listen later list.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 21, 2020, 03:53:25 PM
I'll give this a go later as well after I try out some other lads' ones first. Mixtape pic

I once put The Dillinger Escape Plan's "Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants" on a mix MiniDisc(!) for a friend as she had a vague interest in Faith No More. She was not impressed.

Will put together a more varied one as well.

Digging your's Jamie.

Lol, I used to love trying to lure people into metal with mixtapes. Start off with something handy and try graduate to the ripping stuff by the end. It never really worked though.

They were either ripe for indoctrination or they weren't!

I taped a Pixies album for someone and stuck ND's  You Suffer and Dead.

Another unimpressed recipient.

#25 July 21, 2020, 04:26:42 PM Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:35:44 PM by Pentagrimes
It would be an absolute fallacy to indicate that the initial surge of my love of making mixtapes comes  only from my teenage tape trading days - it's  also from my then concurrent complete inability to talk to the opposite sex, so yeah that cartoon rings a bell  :laugh: Found one I made the ex-wife there years ago recently and it's Dillinger Escape Plan, a load of grind/powerviolence and Today Is The Day hilariously enough. Ye Olde Hi Fidelity Manboy syndrome all the way, But sure lookit, I've always been a frustrated John Peel anyway so there's that too.

Should have said as well - anyone who wants me to make them one of a specific thing feel free to hit me up with a PM. EG  I did one of old proto-Death Metal for Conor out of Incessant recently, and I've owed MAtt and industrial one for about..what..7 years? :laugh:

I used to use any excuse to make a mixtape - loved getting a selection right down to the running length of the tape too. I used to keep a copy of my current mixtape in my backpack so if anyone was curious they could have that.

Made a friend a tape every year for his birthday. Used to call it the annual Duck Tape. Then when we got fancy/paying jobs, a CD called Disc O'Duck.

Simpler times.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 21, 2020, 04:26:42 PM
It would be an absolute fallacy to indicate that the initial surge of my love of making mixtapes comes  only from my teenage tape trading days - it's  also from my then concurrent complete inability to talk to the opposite sex, so yeah that cartoon rings a bell  :laugh: Found one I made the ex-wife there years ago recently and it's Dillinger Escape Plan, a load of grind/powerviolence and Today Is The Day hilariously enough. Ye Olde Hi Fidelity Manboy syndrome all the way, But sure lookit, I've always been a frustrated John Peel anyway so there's that too.

Should have said as well - anyone who wants me to make them one of a specific thing feel free to hit me up with a PM. EG  I did one of old proto-Death Metal for Conor out of Incessant recently, and I've owed MAtt and industrial one for about..what..7 years? :laugh:

I'd be interested in an Industrial one for definite

fire me a message so.

Also just so we're clear, that's not "industrial metal" (though i could do that too)

Haha. I completely forgot about that.