Jerry cantrell - brighten.

Really enjoying this, and listening to boggy depot a lot lately too. Would love to see him tour the solo stuff.

Listening to loads of Krisiun lately, such a cool band.

Got a severe case of wet eye in the car this morning when 'Sunshine on Leith' by the proclaimers came on. It's gas how a certain song at the right moment can affect one emotionally. The fuckin' Proclaimers!

#6452 December 02, 2021, 08:00:20 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:50:01 PM by Cailleach
Quote from: pete on December 02, 2021, 04:58:37 PM

Really enjoying this, and listening to boggy depot a lot lately too. Would love to see him tour the solo stuff.

Boggy Depot is a great album. I actually have not heard any of his other stuff. I must rectify that.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 02, 2021, 07:20:56 PM
Listening to loads of Krisiun lately, such a cool band.

Got a severe case of wet eye in the car this morning when 'Sunshine on Leith' by the proclaimers came on. It's gas how a certain song at the right moment can affect one emotionally. The fuckin' Proclaimers!

The Proclaimers are fucking brilliant. The hits are all well and good but their deep cuts are just as effective.

Quote from: Cailleach on December 02, 2021, 08:00:20 PM
Quote from: pete on December 02, 2021, 04:58:37 PM

Boggy Depot is a great album. I actually have not heard any of other stuff. I must rectify that.

Yeah boggy depot is one of my favourite albums ever. And degradation trip has some great stuff on it, so definitely worth a listen.

Brighten is very light and leans into the country side.

Quote from: Carnage on December 02, 2021, 11:56:46 AM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 02, 2021, 05:58:42 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 02, 2021, 04:49:37 AM
Paradise Lost- Lost Paradise.
Bought that on tape upon release, without even knowing who they were. What a find....

Same, still have the tape somewhere. They sounded nothing like I'd expected from the cover.
Yep, absolutely. The tape got played to death (fortunately) Hahaha....

#6457 December 03, 2021, 06:15:14 AM Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 06:59:11 AM by Eoin McLove
Moonfall- Wings of Darkness of Adversary demo.

I love the ludicrous title. I'm sure the music will deliver the goods as the dude involved tends to be reliable in terms of creating filthy and crude yet melodic music.

Fraught- Splitting Tongues demo. Music sounds good. Not into the vocal style really.

Argus- Argus. A change of pace. Haven't listened to these bucks in far too long. Epic stuff.

Mötley Crüe - Public Enemy #1

https://youtu.be/HuRFgG8zgKo

Because I am...  :abbath:   :laugh: :laugh:

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Type O Negative - World Coming Down
Mare Cognitum - Luminiferous Aether
NIN - Things Falling Apart (Bought this in HMV for 20 quid back in the day and felt so robbed so still trying to justify the spend by listening to it lol)

Enslaved - Hordanes Land

#6461 December 03, 2021, 03:12:14 PM Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 03:53:41 PM by londonleatherboy
Skull Fist - Head Of The Pack
Discharge - Why . from the cd boxset, serious value
The Grief  - Horizon's Fall

Mastodon - Hushed & Grim
Kayo Dot - Moss Grew On The Swords And Plowshares Alike
Birrova an impromptu Mr.Big best of playlist
Crimson Glory - Strange & Beautiful

Eldovar - A Story of Darkness & Light

A collaboration album between Elder and Kadavar, keeping my expectations low as since releasing Reflections of a Floating World (a masterpiece imo) they have increasingly ditched writing catchy heavy riffs instead focusing on long sections of noodly clean guitar parts and simpler heavy riffs they can improvise over.

Paydretz - Chroniques de l'insurrection
Paradise lost - Lost Paradise
                          Shades of God
                          Icon
                          Draconian times