Worm - foreverglade .

Destruction - Eternal Devastation

Darkthrone - Fanzerfaust

Quote from: Carnage on November 27, 2021, 12:40:49 PM
It's their most interesing album by a long way, very experimental, nowhere near the black metal template, a complete 'fuck you' to the purists. Yep, their best album.

I'm a fan of GDOW but DMDS is the 2nd greatest black metal album ever made.

Quote from: Carnage on November 27, 2021, 01:52:21 AM
Mayhem: Grand Declaration Of War (their only decent album)
Helmet: Meantime

Non Mayhem fans always say this. A friend of mine wouldn't listen to anything else in their back catalogue.

Atilla's vocals ruin DMDS, he sounds like a constipated Dave Mustaine. I prefer Maniac's vocals, GDOW & Wolf's Lair Abyss are the only ones of theirs I can listen to. Never took to Chimera.

Great White - Great Zeppelin

Have never heard this before, didn't know it existed. I've never listened to Great White, ever. To me they are "the tragic fire" band, but I'll be changing that after this. These covers are incredible, especially in the vocal department. I guess he's really going for "doing" Plant, but the fact that he nails it so well means he must have some fuckin' voice of his own.

Any fans of the band? Where should I start to get the best impression of their own stuff??

Phreneticum - Der stille Zerfall

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 28, 2021, 08:25:12 PM
Great White - Great Zeppelin

Have never heard this before, didn't know it existed. I've never listened to Great White, ever. To me they are "the tragic fire" band, but I'll be changing that after this. These covers are incredible, especially in the vocal department. I guess he's really going for "doing" Plant, but the fact that he nails it so well means he must have some fuckin' voice of his own.

Any fans of the band? Where should I start to get the best impression of their own stuff??

Jaysus, nevermind that question. Checked out their earliest stuff and their most popular late 80s stuff; very much also rans, though yer man does have a killer voice. The absolute state of his head though, check out the videos, haha! Really goes to prove that old adage about the difference between ability to play and ability to compose. At their best, sounds like these lads could barely compare to the best of Motley Crue, let alone Zeppelin!

Today:
King Diamond - Conspiracy
Mastodon - Hushed & Grim

Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence
                         Ballade cuntre lo Anemi francor   
                        La Chaise-Dyable
                         Le retour des pastoureaux

I feel like a kid at Christmas having all my music back.
Today it was...

Agatus- The Eternalist
Mayhem- De Mysteriis dom. Sathanas
Thorns- Thorns
Dødheimsgard- Kronet til Konge

Mercyful Fate- The Beginning

Found this in the wild on vinyl the other day, had to buy it. Essential metal.

Dissection- Reinkaos
Mercyful Fate- Don't Break The Oath
Walknut - Graveforests...

Belphegor - Bondage Goat Zombie