Death - Scream Bloody Gore

Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood

Queen - A Night at the Opera
Candlemass - Nightfall
Fields of the Nephilim - Elizium

Dissection- Storm Of The Light's Bane
Iron Maiden- Somewhere In Time
Soundgarden- Badmotorfinger. As a teen I played the shit out of this on cassette. Nowadays whilst I still enjoy it I find myself getting annoyed by the constant wailing by CC. When he reigns in a bit he is fantastic.

Bolzer - Aura
             Hero

Rotting Christ - Khronos

The Macc Lads - On a YouTube Playlist.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Bolt Thrower - War Master

Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade

The new Impaled Nazarene. Anyone else get a gawk at that inner 'artwork '? Ladies.....look away now.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

New Lingua Ignota track up.

https://linguaignota.bandcamp.com/album/sinner-get-ready

Absolute misery, I love it.  Looking forward to the album.

Been acquainting myself with Draconian Times the past couple of days. I never thought much of it when it came out and didn't bother picking it up. I can't see why people consider this the best PL album at all. Don't get me wrong,  it's decent. It even has a couple of very good songs, but it's just not that compelling overall to my ear. It ain't a patch on Gothic or Shades of God. I'd even rate Lost Paradise above it and I'm only (criminally) half familiar with that album. It's high on my list, trust me.
Icon was another one I thought had a couple of very strong songs and a lot of ones that kind of flew over my head a bit.

Commercial value TBH. It was their most accessible album at the time, and was expected to break them in a big way - the Hetfieldesque vocals aren't an accident. I quite like it, though I was skeptical at the time and some of it is still dodgy: The Last Time is crap and has one of the worst choruses I've heard, and Forever Failure is just cheesy but there's some great stuff on it. I love the pomp of Enchantment (it was superb live on that tour), for instance.

It's definitely my favourite PL album and probably in my top 5 ever. I think they found a brilliant balance of catchiness and melancholy. By the same token I can see why people consider it their "Black Album", for good or ill. I also very much like the way it was structured on cassette, as it's very much an album of two halves. The first half full of "singles", the second half arguably superior, where it does get noticeably more miserable. I also think it's the album where Nick Holmes finally found his voice as a lyricist.

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky

Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance

Followed By

Hypocrisy - Penetralia
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat