Nocternity album is amazing. Love to hear that style of black metal with ripping leads.

Ya, I still listen to it regularly after hearing about them here just a couple of years back.


Diabolus Mecum Semperterne! - S/T
Manii - Kollaps
Nocternity - Harps of the Ancient Temples

Enslaved - Eld

Pantheon of metal level stuff, yet I've definitely not spent nearly the time with it down the years, compared to Anthems, De Mysteriis, etc., that it deserves.

My favourite thrash album is 40 today, so there's only one choice this evening:

Nuclear Assault: Game Over

Sepultura - Arise (SB Mix)
Cavalera - Schizophrenia
Left To Die - Initium Mortis
Black Sabbath - Seventh Star (Remix)
Judgment Night Soundtrack (still fucking great)
Dinosaur Jr. - there near (musical comfort food)

Quote from: open face surgery on October 07, 2026, 05:29:56 PMNocternity - Harps of the Ancient Temples
I misread that as "Hapes of Ancient Temples" gonna check it out off that alone  :laugh:

Harps... is a savage album. Must be time for a new Nocternity album.

Harps is certainly their best one. But I will be calling it Hapes from now on.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 07, 2026, 05:41:48 PMEnslaved - Eld

Pantheon of metal level stuff, yet I've definitely not spent nearly the time with it down the years, compared to Anthems, De Mysteriis, etc., that it deserves.

Mad to think that it and Anthems (and Enthrone Darkness Trumphant) came out within a few weeks of each other. Eld is probably my third favourite Enslaved album (rather than EP) after the first one and Below the Lights. Not so fond of the newer stuff, but I have always been impressed that they kept trying new things (bar the harsh vocals, almost no change in those bar Hordanes Land).

Last four:
Fleurity (Norge, 1995) – Min Tid skall komme [one of the best ever, an excellent oddball of an album with enough ideas to fill ten albums]
Rivers Like Veins (Poland, 2019) – Z iskier srebrnych orszaków [really like this one, even if it doesn't do anything all that different, solid black metal with an good atmosphere]
Trist (Bayern, 2007) – Hin/Fort [the Hin part of this is one of the best hours of music ever, I reckon, ambient spacey blackish metal, really takes you somewhere else]
Trist (Bayern, 2007) – Willenskraft [can't play one without playing the other, overall a better album if one has the patience for it]