Opeth- Deliverance, such a good album!

Anacrusis - Hindsight: Suffering Hour
Yob - Clearing The Path To Ascend

Sometimes I feel like I could listen to Marrow for hours on end.

Esoteric - The Maniacal Veil
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Gehenna -WW.
Green Carnation - Light of Day,Day of Darkness.
My Dying Bride -The Angel and the Dark River.
Burzum - Filosofem.
Troll - Universal.

Primordial - A Journey's End

Quote from: Thorn on August 05, 2021, 02:07:02 PM

Circle is still amazing to hear!

Paul Chain - Unreleased Vol. 2

Asunder — A Clarion Call

Listening to the 'new' GNR track, have to say, choosing to release a 20 year old Chinese Democracy reject for their first new music with Slash and Duff in nearly 20 years is a bit ,eh, absurd.

It's pretty shite though, and I actually kind of liked Chinese Democracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Perh45ip3fY

It's amazing how much of a career GNR have had off one decent album released back in 1987.

Quote from: leatherface on August 06, 2021, 02:01:02 PM
It's amazing how much of a career GNR have had off one decent album released back in 1987.

Exactly! I've never gotten the fascination with GNR.  Axels voice grates on my nerves.

Quote from: leatherface on August 06, 2021, 02:01:02 PM
The use your illusions are good albums also.The rest of their stuff is poor though.

There's a thread there now for discussing the new G'n'R track. Not that there's much to be said about it...

Voivod - Killing Technology
Atheist - Piece of Time

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 06, 2021, 04:44:39 PM

Voivod - Killing Technology
Atheist - Piece of Time

Both great albums though regarding Athiest,  I prefer 'Unquestionable Presence' a little more.

This week has been:

Corrosion of Conformity: 'Blind' and 'Wiseblood'

Only two of theirs I own, two very different eras and interesting to compare. Will still always stick on 'Blind' though, I liked Karl Agell's vocals quite a lot back then, thought he suited the sound they were going for. Need to get a copy of 'Deliverence' too.

Kreator: 'Terrible Certainty'

Overlooked in their discography but one of their best IMO

Venom: 'Black Metal'

'Raise the Dead' on repeat

I'm with you on preferring Unquestionable Presence, but for reasons I can't quite remember, Piece of Time is the only one I have on vinyl. I'm going through all my LPs at the moment (prob only 100 max), one from the end, then one from the beginning, moving towards the middle.

Quote from: Ealaín on August 06, 2021, 03:38:34 AM
Quote from: Thorn on August 05, 2021, 02:07:02 PM

Circle is still amazing to hear!

Binging the whole thing lately, even watched their live set at Obscene Extreme in 2013. In fairness listening to Esoteric is light relief after the utter tedium of trying to read 'Origin of The Species'.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes