Vltimas-Something wicked marches in.Enjoyed this album much more than i thought i would.

Yeah, that was a good one alright, great combination of musicians who all stepped up to the mark and for all of us who grew up with Morbid Angel it was lethal to hear Vincent back at his imperial best.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Diabolic Night - Beyond the Realm
Protector - Golem

Marduk - Those of the unlight

Night in Gales-Thunderbeast
Iron Maiden-Book of Souls
Testament-The Legacy
Malevolent Cretion-Eternal
Gates of Ishtar-The Dawn of Flames
Cradle of Filth-Vempire
Prophanity-Stronger than Steel
Sonata Arctica-Ecliptica

Paradise Lost "Gothic". Such a classic, takes me back to being a teen when they toured this in Nancy Spains in Cork, my first big band gig.  Borrowed the buddy's biker jacket and had the Dunnes Stores basketball boots to look the part 😊

Agressor "Neverending Destiny" Certainly the only French album I have on LP, tape and CD. Originally got a tape copy from the older brother's buddy in Cork RTC, hit the spot nicely. Mad to see their recent clip on youtube recounting the recording in East Berlin 30 years ago. I must watch more of those clips actually.

Quote from: Snare on March 14, 2021, 11:51:26 PM
Paradise Lost "Gothic". Such a classic, takes me back to being a teen when they toured this in Nancy Spains in Cork, my first big band gig.  Borrowed the buddy's biker jacket and had the Dunnes Stores basketball boots to look the part 😊

I got the reissue (with the DVD) recently, I might stick it on now while I finish this shite book.

I went to the McGonagle's stop on that tour, the support didn't turn up on the night, Benediction I think it was? PL were brilliant, but getting mugged on the way out took the shine off it a bit. They got nothing, but if I'd known there was a knife in the mix (I'd been beaten unconscious, I was told about the knife after), I mightn't have been so stubborn/stupid.

Quote from: Snare on March 14, 2021, 11:51:26 PM

Agressor "Neverending Destiny" Certainly the only French album I have on LP, tape and CD. Originally got a tape copy from the older brother's buddy in Cork RTC, hit the spot nicely. Mad to see their recent clip on youtube recounting the recording in East Berlin 30 years ago. I must watch more of those clips actually.

Got the cassette of this, something interesting was going on in France at the time. There was also Massacra.

In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend on the way to work this morning. Timeless power!

Quote from: Paul keohane on March 13, 2021, 09:56:06 PM
Vltimas-Something wicked marches in.Enjoyed this album much more than i thought i would.

Ya give that a few more listens, its really great.  I went back to it the other week again after not hearing it for a good while. Monolilith is great... the whole thing is great though, Vincent sounds great on it and the songs are memorable... I wonder if they'll be as good if they follow it up but as a debut its cool.

Burzum - Belus, Aske
Amorphis - Red Cloud, Karelian Isthmus
Dismember - Everflowing Stream
Entombed - Wolverine Blues
Graveyard Dirt - Shadows of old Ghosts
The Crown - Royal Destroyer
Sacramentum - Far From The Sun

Gjendød- Skygger fra Dødsriket LP.

Vircolac - Masque
Mörk Gryning - Tusen år hat gått
Tribal Gaze - Godless Voyage.

Another bit of Voivod today, The Outer Limits this time.

I've come to thinking that they have more great bits within songs for the most part than actual great all the way through songs. That goes for the discography in general. Also on some of the older albums, there are potentially great all the way through numbers that are badly hampered by the excruciating vocals. And yet, I've given the last week hopping off their stuff and will probably get another week or 2 out of it before some other buzz kicks in.