Tyranni - Baron Av  Avoghetens

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 19, 2020, 06:22:40 PM
Ceremony was one of the few BM albums I picked up in the 90s after watching the video for Baphomet's Throne on Headbangers Ball. I didn't even know they were considered a black metal band because they didn't fit into my narrow understanding of what BM was back then,  ie. Emperor and Cradle of Filth.
Yeah I'll have to go through the later albums again this weekend but they took their sound around the bend a bit to the point where you could call them extreme metal. Which I've always taken to be shorthand for 'Whatever's going'.

Enjoy any band from that era that started to incorporate keyboards as well, but in a very kitch macabre way. Gehenna's First Spell is a high watermark for that.

Uada - Devoid of Light

Wolvennest - Vortex (2019)

https://youtu.be/yv38ZbMdsXo

Ya can't bate a bit a Psychedelic Doom of a winter's Friday evening....  :abbath:

Virus -  The Agent That Shapes the Desert/Carheart
Misþyrming - Algleymi
Sisters of Mercy - First and Last and Always
Tombs - Under Sullen Skies
Uada - Djinn

Swans: Soundtracks For The Blind

Such a benchmark album - they threw everything at the wall and it all stuck. Just perfection.

Listening to the remastered version and I'm not noticing any apparent improvement in quality TBH. Might just be an EQ tweak needed.

#3561 November 21, 2020, 07:09:38 AM Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:15:17 PM by Eoin McLove
Effroi/ Crypts of Wallachia 7".
Usurper- II Skeletal Season. Haven't listened to this in I'd say around 15 years. Sounds alright.
Gjendød- Motstand 7".
Ved Buens Ende- Written in Waters.
Iron Maiden- Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.
Orodruin- Ruins of Eternity.

Black Anvil - Triumvirate
Mork - Eremittens Dal
Death - Individual Thought Patterns.

Napalm Death - Throes of Joy in the Jaws of Defeatism

Thy Serpent-Forests of Witchery. One of those bands that inexplicably eascaped me when melodic black metal was arguably at its peak 20 to 25 years ago. Awesome album.

#3565 November 21, 2020, 04:51:32 PM Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:33:47 PM by Blackout
Sikth- death of a dead day.

Carcass- Despicable (EP)

Haven't seen any talk of this here, or maybe I missed it. It's good. I don't know if I like the slow(er) pace in general but I like the opener 'Living Dead..', as well as the closer, 'Slaughtered in Soho'. The rest I'll have to listen to longer.

Anarkhon - Phantasmagorical Personification Of The Death Temple (2020)

Crushing DM from São Paulo....

https://youtu.be/TAnPz0MyN18

Katatonia - Dance of December Souls/ Brave Murder Day. Never really appreciated them until recently.

Same as that and I'm only interested in Dance... cool album.