Quote from: Trev on September 28, 2020, 05:07:45 PM
Quote from: Ducky on September 28, 2020, 04:41:48 PM
Obscura - "Diluvium".

This has emerged as my favourite record of theirs, ergo my favourite record of the last decade. A logical extension to the sounds found on Symbolic, Focus and Unquestionable Presence.
Yeah it's a great one, especially after Akroasis which  never really grabbed me. Toss up between that and Omnivium as their best for me

I enjoyed Akroasis a fair bit, but Weltsteele is the weakest song by far and it takes up 13 minutes or something, so I almost treat it like an EP. The review of it on MI was a disgrace, people saying they sounded like Trivium.

I love Omnivium too, there wouldn't be too much between it and Diluvium.

Pretty hyped that Thessling and Munetzer are back in the band!

Quote from: Cailleach on September 28, 2020, 03:55:40 PM
Quote from: vinterland on September 28, 2020, 03:12:20 PM
A musical odyssey like few others. An absolute materpiece. Digipak on its way as I type. Definitely their best release.

Quote from: Cailleach on September 27, 2020, 09:51:37 PM
Saor - Guardians

Yes. A great album. It's no surprise the guy is a big fan of Windir and Drudkh.. By the way what do you think of Samael?

Ceremony of Opposites and Passage are absolutely amazing. Criminal that it took me so long to discover either considering Morbid Tales (also from Switzerland) is in my top ten albums of all time. Ceremony of Opposites certainly gives more than a nod of acquaintance to Tom G Warrior et al. Also threw on Summoning's Oath Bound which was also on the bucket list. Another incredible album fans of Caladan Brood would absolutely dig. Quite a discography there to sample.

I toyed with the idea of getting into Samael years ago and I can't remember what put me off. Might try it again one of these days.

Right now it's the bonus disc of Killing Joke's Absolute Dissent, "Absolute Respect".

Not really as good as the originals to be fair but still not bad and putting me in form for a KJ buzz. Going to do Night Time next.

Quote from: astfgyl on September 28, 2020, 11:34:29 PM
Right now it's the bonus disc of Killing Joke's Absolute Dissent, "Absolute Respect".

Had a few tracks from Absolute Dissent on last night myself when queuing up some KJ on Spotify. Used to listen to that album so much when it came out and it too has me in the form for a KJ buzz soon.

Right now, I have Hexvessels 'Kindred' on after listening to Alan from Primordial's podcast with Mat McNearny.

Liking it so far. Another band I used to listen to a lot and have slept on since the release of the last couple.

Fulci- Tropical Sun. These fellas came up in another thread. A great find.
Black Anvil- As Was. I can't recommend this album enough. It's like a mix of Tombs, FNM , Baroness and Type O Negative. That probably sounds like a bucket of shit when described like that but it's not!
To top it off it also sounds like Slash was an influence on the solos.

Sargeist - Let the Devil in
                  Disciples of the Henious Path

Blondie - "Parallel Lines"

Ah, to have been of gig-going age in late-79s New York.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 29, 2020, 10:23:47 AM

Black Anvil- As Was. I can't recommend this album enough. It's like a mix of Tombs, FNM , Baroness and Type O Negative. That probably sounds like a bucket of shit when described like that but it's not!

Sounds pretty intriguing. I'll be trying that after the soccer

Black Death Cult- Devil's Paradise.  First spin through the stereo and it sounds fantastic. Lots of space in the mix.  Lots more space in the effects!

Almyrkvi/The Ruins Of Beverast split (2020)....
I'm a big fan of TRoB but Almyrkvi have blown me away with their two tracks on this release.
Yet another class act from Reykjavik....  :abbath:

https://youtu.be/ea7bM7PXr4U

#3085 September 29, 2020, 09:28:46 PM Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 01:08:01 PM by Circlepit
Quote from: astfgyl on September 29, 2020, 07:50:31 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 29, 2020, 10:23:47 AM

Black Anvil- As Was. I can’t recommend this album enough. It’s like a mix of Tombs, FNM , Baroness and Type O Negative. That probably sounds like a bucket of shit when described like that but it’s not!

Sounds pretty intriguing. I'll be trying that after the soccer

It’s killer. As was is their 4th release. Apparently they were a hardcore  band a few years back.

Steve Von Till- As the Crow Flies. I thought this was muck when it came out. Twenty years on it's finally clicking with me. Slow and steady wins the race.

Vintersorg- Hedniskhjärtad. Loving this more and more with every listen.

Morbid Angel - Covenant

LIK -Misanthropic Breed,good Swedish DM sound,ala Dismember.