Decided to listen to some 00s favourites

Nightwish - Wishmaster (don't care what anyone says, but the first 3 or 4 Nightwish albums are great). 
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
Nile - In Their Darken Shrines
Lost Horizon - Awakening the World

Quote from: Anvil on January 24, 2024, 08:33:35 AMNevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
3 belters there!

Only had the Lost Horizon album on the other day,great vocals.

Don't know them or that album at all, must give it a go today.

Decomposed - Hope Finally Died...
Paramaecium - Exhumed of the Earth

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 24, 2024, 09:08:02 AMDon't know them or that album at all, must give it a go today.

From memory, Swedish band who only released two albums in the 00s.  Really good heavy/power metal.  As Paul said vocals are amazing. Worth checking out

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 24, 2024, 09:08:02 AMDon't know them or that album at all, must give it a go today.

I've always thought of it as a more muscular-sounding Seventh Son.

"Welcome Back", "World Through My Fateless Eyes" and "Sworn in the Metal Wind" are the highlights  :abbath:

Quote from: Anvil on January 24, 2024, 08:33:35 AMDecided to listen to some 00s favourites

Nightwish - Wishmaster (don't care what anyone says, but the first 3 or 4 Nightwish albums are great). 
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
Was doing the same the other day and revisiting some old favourites, which included those Nile and Nevermore albums :abbath:

Also had on Shadows Fall - Art of Balance. Jon Donais is some guitarist, if only Anthrax would actually let him contribute anything to the band

The Obsessed - st
Magic Circle - st
Argus - Boldly Stride the Doomed
Below - Across the Dark River
40 Watt Sun - Perfect Light

Sacral Rage - Illusions In Infinite Void
Merciful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force

Skyclad - The Wayward Sons of Mother Earth
At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness, The Red in the Sky is Ours
Al DiMeola - Elegant Gypsy

Lost Horizon are... not for me.

Quote from: Anvil on January 23, 2024, 05:07:19 PMCrimson Glory - Strange and Beautiful
Unholy - From the Shadows
Marduk - Memento Mori (still really digging this). 
Saxon - Hell, Fire and Damnation
Bretwaldas of Heathen Doom - killer of kingdoms
Benediction - Scriptures
Love me some unholy, gracefallen and ring of power are my go to albums but they are all great really.

Dodenkrocht - The Dying All

Reverend Bizarre: II: Crush The Insects.

Septic Flesh - Mystic Places of Dawn