Leeway - Born to Expire
Gang Green - Can't Live Without It
Chris Poland - Return to Metalopolis
Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake - been a while since I listened to this. There are some tasty riffs but the tough-guy schtick gets old very quickly

Tankard - Zombie Attack 8/10

Riotous, punk inspired, beer fuelled thrash debut still standing up strong today, thank fuck I'm old and boring enough now not to feel the need to crack open a can every time.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Def Leppard - High N Dry, Pyromania and Hysteria

A better trio of consecutive rock albums you'd be hard pressed to beat

Jane's Addiction: Ritual De Lo Habitual

The sound of the early '90s, just fucking brilliant.

Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Kill em All.
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Unholy - The Second Ring of Power
Scald - Will of the Gods is Great Power

I still find Master of Puppets boring... but perhaps that comment is maybe more suited for the controversial opinions thread. 

Quote from: Anvil on August 14, 2023, 09:58:17 AMMetallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Kill em All.
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Unholy - The Second Ring of Power
Scald - Will of the Gods is Great Power

I still find Master of Puppets boring... but perhaps that comment is maybe more suited for the controversial opinions thread. 

Sweet Jesus. I have to ask what's boring about it? I love that album so so much. If I could change one thing it would be the vocal delivery. A bit more of the RTL style reaching for higher notes maybe.
Like many it's impossible to say ho many times I've listened to it but ice never been bored by it.

Megadeth - Countdown
Pantera - Vulgar
Pantera - Cowboys
Medulla Nocte - A Conversation Alone

Megadeth: 'So far, so good, so what'  (german vinyl, Capitol, 1988)

What a rediscovery. Hadn't heard this on OG vinyl before- way better than the remasters (2004, avoid!). Apart from 'Anarchy..', this is a really solid release. Unfortunately sandwiched between two 'classic' albums this also deserves praise. Favourite track 'Liar', real nasty sentiments but good.

Quote from: The Great Cull on August 13, 2023, 10:19:47 PMDef Leppard - High N Dry, Pyromania and Hysteria

No love for On Through the Night? I'd have to kick off with that and would drop Hysteria if only doing a trio.

My tapes have got a good outing for this summer after being abandoned for a good while. I had to pick up OTTN on vinyl as well this summer.

#10104 August 14, 2023, 06:12:29 PM Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 06:14:58 PM by KingHostile
BRING ME THE HORIZON!!!!

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

and

SLIPKNOT - ANTENNAS TO HELL
(If I can stop laughing at the front cover enough to be able to press play)

#10105 August 14, 2023, 08:04:19 PM Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 08:07:25 PM by Cailleach
 Gespenst -   Forfald
                       Den sidste færd

StarGazer - Psychic Secretions
Order From Chaos -  Stillbirth Machine
Juniore - Ouh là là

Quote from: Snare on August 14, 2023, 02:12:45 PM
Quote from: The Great Cull on August 13, 2023, 10:19:47 PMDef Leppard - High N Dry, Pyromania and Hysteria

No love for On Through the Night? I'd have to kick off with that and would drop Hysteria if only doing a trio.

My tapes have got a good outing for this summer after being abandoned for a good while. I had to pick up OTTN on vinyl as well this summer.

Nah On Through The Night is weak enough to my ears. Despite Hysteria being poppy, it's immaculately recorded and has some seriously interesting guitar parts in there.

Blood or Whiskey- 1st 2 CDs

Blood Incantation - Starspawn
W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children