Well yeah, it is in the moment, but often once the deed has been done you end up wracked with a sense of shame and emptiness. A small price to pay, mind you.




Just finished a first listen to the new album. Probably the last, it's not very good. Picks up around the halfway mark but not by much, just forgettable generimetal throughout. If you liked The Sound Of White Noise you'd like the first half, I reckon. I did not.

I still think it's a decent album on 4th or 5th listen.

The two songs I have heard off it so far were quite good I thought.

Listened to about half of it yesterday, one on hand, there's very much a big European metal festival vibe to it, seems like they're definitely leaning in on the big melodic choruses and 'woah' type stuff - almost melodeath, metalcorish etc.

But on the other hand, writing a hook seems to be beyond Hetfield and Mustaine these days so I had to give them a bit of props, won't be going back to it though.

I think its really good now, alot of earworms here.

It's not St Anger bad but it is mediocre. Front loaded with the A material, the second half is full of forgettable plodders.

Persistence of Memory by the by is one of the most useless intros I've ever heard, does nothing doesn't even segue in any shape or form into the next track.

The first few songs, admittedly catchy but not to my tastes. Definitely for the festival circuit, some proper toe curling cringe there.

Lyrics are appalling. "Everyone Has a Plan Until They're Punched in The face"  Or "We put the sharpest knives in the hands of children and they cut"

Not worth the 10 year wait. 5/10


Man I really dont get your hate. There is so much variety here. The long goodbye , edge of perfection and the title track are so strong and interesting.  I like Infectious too and the album closes with some absolute savage songs. Think TOMBS hits hard.
Not mad about nyc93 or it's for the kids,  just straight ahead thrashers.
Far better than 72 Seasons or Megadeth.
8/10

It's OK, first half is definitely stronger, but I can't help thinking they'd sound much better with Bush singing them

Quote from: Don Gately on Today at 10:29:26 PMMan I really dont get your hate. There is so much variety here. The long goodbye , edge of perfection and the title track are so strong and interesting.  I like Infectious too and the album closes with some absolute savage songs. Think TOMBS hits hard.
Not mad about nyc93 or it's for the kids,  just straight ahead thrashers.
Far better than 72 Seasons or Megadeth.
8/10  Totally agree, a week on and tis on regular rotation with me. Anthrax and Mastodon have both produced cracking albums to get me through the winter.🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽

Gave it a proper spin earlier, decent enough!.