Vircolac - Masque lp
Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix lp
Death The Leveller I & II lp
Atlantean Kodex - The Golden Bough dlp
Paradise Lost - Live at The Mill dlp, cd/blu ray

Good to see you back Naraka . Nice buys, I particularly dig those AK and Vircolac albums. Will have to pick up the Paradise Lost soon, any major surprises/gripes with it?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on July 16, 2021, 09:18:50 PM
Good to see you back Naraka . Nice buys, I particularly dig those AK and Vircolac albums. Will have to pick up the Paradise Lost soon, any major surprises/gripes with it?

It's good. The songs from the last three albums stand up well with the older material. The two main gripes I have with it are the inclusion of One Second and So Much is lost. They don't sit well in the set list at all, and Nick's vocals are poor on both tracks. I'm not too keen on the bass drum sound either.

Vermineux - 1337
The Devil's Blood - The time of no time evermore
Minewerfer - Alpenpasse
Djevel - Tanker so rir natten
Baxaxaxa - Catacomb Cult
Destroyer 666 - Live at the devils gate (Live in Chile TAPE)
Thanatomass - Black Vitriol and Iron Fire

Fired an order over to DTB for

Zofos- Erevothen CD
Ceremonial Torture- Sabbath, Thou Arts CD

The Soulseller reissue of the 'Heart of the Ages' DLP arrived this evening. It looks great. Looking forward to giving it a spin in the morning  8)

Pitch shifter. The 1990 demo (12")
Head cleaner/ Cows split 7"
Zeni geva/ x rated x split 7"
V/a on these black days  volume 4. 2x 7"

Picked up a pile of Enslaved CDs there - some have disappeared, some I had copies of & some I never got around to picking up:

Isa, Ruun, Vertebrae, Axioma Ethica Odini, Riitiir, In Times, The Sleeping Gods/Thorn, E, Utgard.

Quote from: Carnage on July 24, 2021, 05:58:02 PM
Picked up a pile of Enslaved CDs there - some have disappeared, some I had copies of & some I never got around to picking up:

Isa, Ruun, Vertebrae, Axioma Ethica Odini, Riitiir, In Times, The Sleeping Gods/Thorn, E, Utgard.

I lost touch with Enslaved after Isa. Any of the later stuff worth checking out?

Short answer is all of it. They've slowly moved away from the black metal sound - not totally so, but noticably - and picked up more of the melodic, proggy elements, particularly on the last few. There's an element of saminess to some of them, but they're all good in their own right.

Ruun is pretty much Isa part 2, so you'll know how that sounds. I'd try before I buy after that.

They're a band I'd ignored for a long time myself. I've never been a big black metal fan, it's only the odd band or release that's caught my attention but they were always interesting. I lost touch after Vertebrae, bar a few tracks & CDrs thrown my way, but the recent documentary series peaked my interest again.

I'll check Ruun out first and work my way forward. Cheers.

Axioma... is pretty full on, too.

Misery ~ From The Seeds That We Have Sown
Impiety ~ Worshippers Of The Seventh Tyranny
Blaze Of Perdition ~ Conscious Darkness
Azarath ~ Blasphemers' Maledictions
Pestilence ~ Exitivm

Some stuff on Bandcamp over the weekend which was mostly in sale likely some headphone listening

Preordered the new Maiden and Lingua Ignota albums.

That reminds me to check out the new Lingua Ignota, still haven't heard a note from it.

Today's picks:

Slift - Ummon LP (seriously can't recommend this enough, for anyone into their heavy psychedelic stoner vibes...I know that description can be almost an instant turn-off these days, but these guys really have something)
Van Halen - Van Halen LP

I'll be happy to have the second one in the collection, plus it gets a green pass through the "Do you really need all these records??" gate in the guise of a birthday present for the wee fella, who's obsessed with "Ey! Ey! Ey!" (aka "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love"). He can expect a vinyl or two come every Christmas and birthday for the next 18 years I reckon  :laugh: :abbath:

Now, get it into yiz...

https://youtu.be/KJoLGNu5BFY