Anathema- 'Serenades' LP.  Despite having been a fan of MDB and Paradise Lost for more years than I care to remember, I always overlooked Anathema.  Time to rectify that and dive into their doom death stuff.

The Silent Enigma also well worth checking out. Sad that whole era had to be abandoned in favour of the mainstream but they're neither the first nor the last band to tread that path.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 04, 2020, 07:45:40 AM
Anathema- 'Serenades' LP.  Despite having been a fan of MDB and Paradise Lost for more years than I care to remember, I always overlooked Anathema.  Time to rectify that and dive into their doom death stuff.

Yep, it's on the list as well as 'Crestfallen' and a couple other of their earlier releases. Not mad on the direction they took later either,  bar a few good songs here and there.

#33 July 04, 2020, 10:28:29 AM Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:30:48 AM by ochoill
I don't mind their earlier stuff at all but the peak is "Judgement", what a monument to misery.  Not a recent purchase by any means but I have a copy of it on vinyl that, if ye like the album and can find it, is usually a great deal.  It cost about €20 and had the 12", CD, and extended liner notes that make for good reading.

Bought a copy of Jesu - "Never" yesterday, waiting on it to be shipped.  Good bundle - shirt, CD, vinyl and digital for €45 shipped.  Giving the CD away because I don't have a CD player, still... really need to grab one soon.

Is that a Peaceville reissue of 'Judgment'?

Quote from: ochoill on July 04, 2020, 10:28:29 AMBought a copy of Jesu - "Never" yesterday, waiting on it to be shipped.  Good bundle - shirt, CD, vinyl and digital for €45 shipped.  Giving the CD away because I don't have a CD player, still... really need to grab one soon.

Bought the CD/T-shirt combo myself, first Jesu I've bought for a long time.

Quote from: Carnage on July 04, 2020, 11:37:32 AMBought the CD/T-shirt combo myself, first Jesu I've bought for a long time.
I love the majority of Jesu but I don't own a lot on physical, plenty digital.  Have vinyl of the s/t and "Everyday...", and now this.  CDs of s/t, Silver, and the first rum of Heartache - bought it the week it came out.  After loving Godflesh for so long and going into Jesu blind, it was such a savage surprise.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 04, 2020, 10:45:59 AM
Is that a Peaceville reissue of 'Judgment'?
No, Music For Nations.  Well worth it if you like the album anyway.

Nice one. I'll have a gander.

Quote from: ochoill on July 05, 2020, 01:35:10 AM
Quote from: Carnage on July 04, 2020, 11:37:32 AMBought the CD/T-shirt combo myself, first Jesu I've bought for a long time.
I love the majority of Jesu but I don't own a lot on physical, plenty digital.  Have vinyl of the s/t and "Everyday...", and now this.  CDs of s/t, Silver, and the first rum of Heartache - bought it the week it came out.  After loving Godflesh for so long and going into Jesu blind, it was such a savage surprise.

Bought the debut EP the day it came out, couldn't wait to get home and play it - which I did on repeat for hours, just sprawled on the bed. Still my favourite of theirs/his, I must pick up the remastered version.

Around the time of Lifeline or the second album, I found their sound had become very repetitive and samey, so I stopped paying attention. I have a bit of catching up to do but the debut EP & album, Silver, Sun Down/Sun Rise and the split with Eluvium - all that stuff's gold.

Silver is great, as is the S/T and Heartache. The rest of it is mostly excellent, with the odd shit song here and there. Conqueror is my least favourite and I can't put my finger on why. Must try it again to find out

Yeah, Conqueror left me cold. It's not bad as such, just... meh. I find their EPs generally more interesting than their full-length releases TBH, though the s/t is fairly crushing.

Grabunhold- 'Unter dem Banner der Toten' MLP.

That has to be either Industrial or BM, but I bet it's neither

it's quite good melodic black metal

7/10

It's only in  the last 3 weeks I started to buy stuff again since the whole decline of the civilized world began....

Received

Koufar "Middle Eastern Promises" DLP
Grunt "Spiritual Eugenics" DLP
Sotsirh Susii #3 Zine

On Route

No Artist "Road Death" Cassette
God Is War "Whatever Exists In Creation Without My Knowledge Exists Without My Consent" Cassette
Junta Cadre "Vietnam Forever" Cassette
Crawl Of Time "It'll Never Be Over For Me" Cassette
Noise Receptor Vol.8 Zine
Nefarious Activities #2 Zine
Pleasure Fluids  "Show No Mercy" LP
Volya "It Is Too Early to Thank God" LP
Terror Cell Unit "Fear God, Hate Man" 3"CD + Mask

All Killer.....No Filler!!!!!!
Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil