May 30, 2020, 10:05:35 AM Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:10:25 AM by boozegeune
Is anyone else listening to much Obsequiae? Became obsessed with this band late last year with their latest album, then bought their other two albums over the next few days.
I don't know any band playing stuff like them (kind of medieval, or as they call it 'castle' black metal??), really melodic and glittery dual guitar parts, as opposed to the darker medieval influences of something like Vehemence.
If anyone knows more music like this I'd appreciate some recommendations

https://youtu.be/KJ0VQ77XPGc

Edit: maybe I've done Vehemence a disservice there, haven't given them nearly as much time as Obsequiae, but they do seem faster, heavier and louder at a 'glance'

I think something like Summoning is what you're after. 

Yeah I keep coming back to them. Only listened to Let Mortal Heroes..., should probably do a deeper dig.

Had a quick listen and it sounds pretty good, going to have to delve a bit more into it. Anyone know where the cover art is taken? Looks really familiar but can't quite place it

Shit I cant find the post now but someone found it on reddit. It's an old postcard of a castle in Wales, if you flip the image horizontally it looks as it does in real life.

Hard to find a band like them to be fair. Great band though. Had a look through the last Obsequiae thread and Forefather was mentioned, probably as good a place to start as any. Also try Godkiller - The Rebirth of The Middle Ages

Quote from: Slaughterday on May 30, 2020, 03:54:22 PM
Hard to find a band like them to be fair. Great band though. Had a look through the last Obsequiae thread and Forefather was mentioned, probably as good a place to start as any. Also try Godkiller - The Rebirth of The Middle Ages

Cheers, will check these out