There were quite a few videos kicking around about two weeks ago around the start of the riots showing things like that happening to the press. so I wonder why ch4 took so long to get round to reporting it.

I have seen multiple of videos of individuals (not in a large group and once on their own on a street) getting thrown to the ground, maced or shot  at with rubber bullets while holding their press pass in the air and shouting the fact they were press.

In one video the anchors for a news station were live with a reporter on the streets. both the reporter and the cameraman where repeatedly fired upon and hit with rubber bullets until they got cut off.

It looked coordinated,  but who knows.

It's not a directive from the president for feks sake. How could that not immediately circulate as a story. I watched a few videos on it last night. Now, fair enough they shouldn't be getting hit. That said, everyone of them I saw get a clatter or get shifted or moved were in the middle of what was essentially a riot with very little to distinguish them as press. Surely some sort of yellow vest with
a big print of PRESS written on it could be provided. But then that would mean that they wouldn't be able to sell another narrative to the public.

So it was their own fault? :D

Never said that, but you stand in the middle of a riot without some sort of high viz or ID and the cops are hitting everyone(responding to insane levels of threatening behaviour), you should be ID'ing yourself. They were dressed no different to anyone else around them.

You work in security and a fight breaks out in fromt of a nightclub then the cops can distinguish you from whatever tribal tatt and bar t-shirt you wear. It's not fkn rocket science.

And so yeah, it is their fault. They might use their brain next time.

Yeah this has been going on for weeks.

Australia even looking for an investigation (who knows how that will go or what it will look like) after a reporter was attacked during a live report

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/06/02/australia-seeks-probe-us-police-assault-reporter-covering-protest/3126403001/

Pretty disgusting video if ye haven't seen it, there is absolutely no way she & crew could have been mistaken for anything else. They don't give a fuck.

But again, I am not surprised in the slightest, after years of calling the press the enemy of the people, what was realistically going to happen in state institutions?

A few possible reasons. As someone pointed out, the presidential order would have long since leaked if it had happened.

- Have protestors been using fake press passes or pretended to be press?

- Are the police so pissed off at the situation they just don't give a fuck?

I would guess at the first. Someone with a jacket saying press on it used it to get closer to the cops. Then again, this post is entirely based on speculation.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 25, 2020, 11:19:55 AM

But again, I am not surprised in the slightest, after years of calling the press the enemy of the people,

The press aren't exactly an ally of the people either.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 25, 2020, 04:08:45 PM

But again, I am not surprised in the slightest, after years of calling the press the enemy of the people,

Corporate media, for sure, cares about corporate media rather than the people.

But the press as a whole? Better off to have it than not.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 25, 2020, 04:16:18 PM

If by corporate you mean mainstream media then yes the CNN's, the FOX's, the RTE's etc. that's who are being called the enemy of the people.

Of course we need press but the vast majority of people are only watching one MSM news station and taking everything they report as 100% fact which is a not a good thing.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 25, 2020, 04:16:18 PM

press, present, pressure, presage, presence, prevoke

do you see? it's fun they've convinced us we need 'the press', but they 'press our buttons'.

the news is sewn, geddit?

God I wish you'd shut up sometimes. Are you just trying to get a massive post count while simultaneously pissing off half of the forum?

Quote from: hellfire on June 25, 2020, 04:43:41 PM
God I wish you'd shut up sometimes. Are you just trying to get a massive post count while simultaneously pissing off half of the forum?

I don't care about any of that. I'm trying to point out how bad things are in the sense of the powers that be lying to us all in lots of subtle and non subtle ways. if you want to resent that, that's fine, I don't care. Given the last few months it seems relevant to point these things out, since it affects all of us really.

If you want to live in a world where 'racial tension', pandemics, Marx, 'the media', are actual things that's fine, but I don't have to go along with it. I don't know much, but I know those things are just old stagnant things of no relevance to the next few decades. The real issue is are we young enough mentally to grapple with whatever the new things are?

All I see is a pathetic attempt at playing on words

Quote from: hellfire on June 25, 2020, 04:43:41 PM

I've begun mostly skipping his/her posts when I scroll through threads, couldn't be arsed reading them. Whoever it is has quite a large post count since they registered just 2 months ago, which suggests to me that it's another user from this forum or the old one. Also the oh so clever word play on the username, Mugz with a z, and an avatar of mugs... just like Juggz with a z used to have an avatar of jugs.

Lysander springs to mind, he used to annoy a lot of people before he was banned. And Stenchy hasn't posted ever since McLove revealed his identity. He was a miserable bastard too.

Obviously it's somebody who wasn't liked anyway, hence the new identity.