Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 01:41:10 AM
I haven't taken a yoke since I was 19. We're all in different Towns and countries. A game of five aside would be tough to organise.

tough but not impossible. I'm considering going to germany this summer for a meetup based off another forum I frequent, for people who like old buildings.

a pointless and complicated indoor football match followed by a meal out is sort of perfect for the times we're in.

I haven't taken a yoke since I was 19. We're all in different Towns and countries. A game of five aside would be tough to organise.

One can just take the yoke by themselves and think the happy thoughts and feel the good vibes towards everything while alone. That is fine, too.

#572 June 10, 2020, 01:49:35 AM Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:51:11 AM by hellfire
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 01:42:39 AM
Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 01:07:04 AM
My point was about due process. The ability to send an innocent party to sleep with the drunks and lunatics in the cells. A person shouldn't have any right to do that. If the police don't believe that anything happened they shouldn't be obliged to make an arrest. Imagine if I had the right to send you to jail every time you intentionally misread one of my posts? You'd do more time than Charles Manson!

The missus is Spanish, I'll ask her about this law maƱana. I wouldn't trust anything Vox says on any subject without being able to get a proper look at the facts. They make France's FN and UKIP look like liberals, much closer to the BNP in terms of "couldn't give a fuck about anything except flag waving and posturing" horseshit and systematically twist reality to fit their nightmare of a Spain that just isn't close enough to Franco's for their liking.

Zoom five aside, pills optional.

All I know about that law was what Kev posted. I  know fuck all about Spanish law. I am working on implementing something called Mattermost. I could actually set up a server for us to video/ audio chat on. Actually a Jitsi meet would be better. Nobody would need to give out their email address.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 10, 2020, 01:45:20 AM

One can just take the yoke by themselves and think the happy thoughts and feel the good vibes towards everything while alone. That is fine, too.

can we have songs of faith and devotion on a loop

Yes we can. Violator was mostly written in the early mornings at the tail end of yoke sessions, incidentally. That one is also loop worthy, as is Music for the Masses, Black Celebration and Some Great Reward.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 10, 2020, 02:08:28 AM
Yes we can. Violator was mostly written in the early mornings at the tail end of yoke sessions, incidentally. That one is also loop worthy, as is Music for the Masses, Black Celebration and Some Great Reward.

of all the music made in drug decades, the 80s stuff holds the most water. one of my dreams is too hear music for the masses remade with modern instruments, like as a bonus disc for a 2021 repress

Should get a DM thread going here in the off topic, surprised there isn't one.

Came across this write up on my travels, and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks as to whether it sounds familiar...

http://www.hscentre.org/sub-saharan-africa/media-tool-war-propaganda-rwandan-genocide/

Vox are as distasteful to the left as Podemos (who are in government!) are to the right, I get it. But why is it stirring shit to ask that the law apply to both sexes? It doesn't take away the legal privilege women currently enjoy.

Take into account who reluctant any man would be to call the polis and say 'eh, Lola is after giving me a smack in the mouth there...'

I like to watch Good Morning Britain occasionally, and that horrible bitch Kate Smurthwaite making a 'swirling vortex' out of being called 'love' and 'darling' by shopkeepers.

Another thing, these buzzwords like 'agency', 'problematic', 'lived experience', I can't EVEN!

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 10, 2020, 08:10:09 AM
Vox are as distasteful to the left as Podemos (who are in government!) are to the right, I get it. But why is it stirring shit to ask that the law apply to both sexes? It doesn't take away the legal privilege women currently enjoy.

Take into account who reluctant any man would be to call the polis and say 'eh, Lola is after giving me a smack in the mouth there...'

I like to watch Good Morning Britain occasionally, and that horrible bitch Kate Smurthwaite making a 'swirling vortex' out of being called 'love' and 'darling' by shopkeepers.

Another thing, these buzzwords like 'agency', 'problematic', 'lived experience', I can't EVEN!

u ok hun

Quote from: mugz on June 10, 2020, 09:10:58 AM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 10, 2020, 08:10:09 AM

u ok hun

Comedy gold.

I have no idea who Kate Smurthwaite is and I've decided to stop looking up the problematic random nothings which apparently haunt your lived experience but not mine. You need to exercise some agency and keep away from things that trigger you :abbath:

I dunno which thread this belongs but People Before Profit want to have the monument to Christopher Columbus in Galway removed. It ties into the statue being fucked in the river in England. I'm conflicted, personally. Sure, he conducted himself fairly terribly in the New World but he made a huge contribution to the Age of Discovery. Curious to hear what ye think.

Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 10:28:56 AM
I dunno which thread this belongs but People Before Profit want to have the monument to Christopher Columbus in Galway removed. It ties into the statue being fucked in the river in England. I'm conflicted, personally. Sure, he conducted himself fairly terribly in the New World but he made a huge contribution to the Age of Discovery. Curious to hear what ye think.

Anything you think the Daily Mail could potentially lose their shit over belongs in this thread  :abbath:

I actually have all of the answers to these questions,  but I'm not telling you what they are.  Ok,  I'll give you a hint.  It rhymes with Shmo shmuck shmershmelf.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 10:39:22 AM
Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 10:28:56 AM

Anything you think the Daily Mail could potentially lose their shit over belongs in this thread  :abbath:

Aye, this thread has grown ridiculous legs.