Quote from: hellfire on June 09, 2020, 03:21:42 PM
Quote from: mugz on June 09, 2020, 03:19:56 PM
what kind of retard even uses twitter anymore, tik tok is the new vine, all the cool people are there.

That remark is offensive to the intellectually impaired. Prepare to be reported to the Irish Times.

actually it was a bad choice of word, so I'll accept that reprimand.

Sarcasm. I don't give a shit what words you use.

Quote from: Ollkiller on June 09, 2020, 03:22:44 PM
Quote from: mugz on June 09, 2020, 03:16:48 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 09, 2020, 02:17:45 PM
First half lifted wholesale from the independent, second idle speculation for which there is no evidence.

Why should she keep her mouth shut under pain of losing her job if they are sincerely held beliefs?

Welcome to utopia comrades!

all professional jobs are essentially busy work. Look busy, compliment your boss on his/her latest presentation/white paper/published article. never say/do/think a anything of relevance, have a nice life. it's just unionisation for middle class people, except it's unspoken.

That's a ridiculous blanket statement. Of course there's loads of jobs like that but I've worked in plenty of roles where if the boss is wrong they are soon told about it.

wouldn't say it's exaggerated that much. I just made a generalised statement so the other poster would get the point that white collar jobs are a certain way, and for reasons that make sense in that specific environment.

Quote from: hellfire on June 09, 2020, 03:26:42 PM
Sarcasm. I don't give a shit what words you use.

yeah I know but I actually do try  not to be too late 70s in the words I use.

one could say that in fact words themselves are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

Quote from: Ollkiller on June 09, 2020, 02:43:48 PM
As regards the traveller comments. Yes a large proportion are involved in criminality. Obvious. But growing up I played soccer with sound ones and lived beside two settled traveller families and never had any bother. And the lads I played soccer with got constant abuse every day because they were a traveller. And it's fucking disgraceful. I have family in Tallaght and was started on there by some young scum. It dosent mean everyone from Tallaght is a cunt.

You are bang on there, I know a good few travellers who are the solid finest and actually sold me proper drugs instead of gack like some of the others.

On a serious note though, of course all can't be tarred with the same brush just because the vast majority are involved in criminality of one sort or another. Maybe if we as a society had done more to reach out to them over the years regarding social integration, education and job opportunities, they wouldn't be seen as separate from the rest of us. Then again, they are the ones who were pushing for ethnic minority status, so maybe they enjoy the separation?

I do agree honestly that rakes of them are grand as well as rakes of them are cunts, but the stereotype is not without foundation.

Changing things up a bit here, I'm writing a letter to Jacobs to demand the removal of Cream Crackers from store shelves with immediate effect, as they are making me feel as if I'm being racially abused every time I go shopping. Of course they are but one of a host of companies who continue to use the word cracker, in full knowledge that it is a racial slur in these modern times, designed to denigrate the white race by those of other colours. I mean they wouldn't sell me a packet of cream niggers or cream spicks, so why the double standard? Is it because one simply cannot be racist against whites? I'm writing it as a letter rather than putting it on twitter though as I don't want to see their factory burned down when the inevitable riot ensues. 

Basically, racism is idiotic and we all know that, so there is no need for everything to be taken to extremes all of the time. You can be a fucking prick in any colour and you can also be sound as a trout in any colour and anybody with an actual brain which they use for thinking knows that.

And lastly, flying in the face of the point of the letter I'm going to write, I bought these for my homosexual brother in law last christmas

He laughed, because he isn't a militant shitehawk.

Regarding travellers, they have got such a terrible reputation, and there are extremely bad eggs in there. But most people in Ireland grow up with vehement prejudice against them. Having a rendezvous with one for a shift as a teenager, if it got out, you'd never hear the end of it. The same would not apply to any other group on the planet. You'd have gotten less incredulity and slagging if you'd shifted a man.

The videos of the daft fuckers calling each out, beating up rivals over debts etc, it just feeds into it. It is, in my experience, very, very unfair and every virtue signalling cunty balls in Ireland taking a knee over something 4000 miles away might do well to remember that attitudes towards travellers in Ireland are no better than gypsies in Romania and Serbia, and certainly worse off than blacks are in the US.

#516 June 09, 2020, 04:07:34 PM Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 04:09:33 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 09, 2020, 03:59:20 PM
Regarding travellers, they have got such a terrible reputation, and there are extremely bad eggs in there. But most people in Ireland grow up with vehement prejudice against them. Having a rendezvous with one for a shift as a teenager, if it got out, you'd never hear the end of it. The same would not apply to any other group on the planet. You'd have gotten less incredulity and slagging if you'd shifted a man.

The videos of the daft fuckers calling each out, beating up rivals over debts etc, it just feeds into it. It is, in my experience, very, very unfair and every virtue signalling cunty balls in Ireland taking a knee over something 4000 miles away might do well to remember that attitudes towards travellers in Ireland are no better than gypsies in Romania and Serbia, and certainly worse off than blacks are in the US.

That is pretty much what I have been getting at since I brought them up. I was making the point that we in this country need to be looking at our own issues before we take into taking the knee for the USA.
I was having a bit of a laugh along the way, but honestly trying to make a valid point.

Or to put it another way, why the fuck are we all so in thrall to the US? What could it be if not the media?

I appreciate that you all have had nice experiences with travellers. Have you ever been around when they kick off?

I used to have a DVD of the bareknuckle boxing.

As I also mentioned, the stereotype is not without foundation and I admitted I am prejudiced towards them as well. I wonder how do we change the attitude of both sides here?

Change will happen within the community or it wont. I wouldn't hold my breath. DVDs are one thing, the live show is another. I've lost count of how many serious incidents I had in a 12 year bar career. The cops only arrive when they're sure the lads are gone. I don't blame them.

There are very valid reasons why bars won't serve them. I once worked for a guy who was so mean he would make medicine sick. I've seen him make 30k in one day and was down on his hands and knees looking for a fiver. He closed the pub for three days while they were parked near it. I don't consider it a prejudice as much as simple pattern recognition. If your staff and customers are in legit danger every time travellers are in........

As I said earlier I see them entirely through the lens of a teenager working in a bar. I have no intention of ever talking to or dealing with one again.

Quote from: hellfire on June 09, 2020, 04:23:02 PM
I appreciate that you all have had nice experiences with travellers. Have you ever been around when they kick off?

More times than I care to remember. I grew up on Castlebar in Mayo. Loads live there. But I've also seem plenty of non travellers in brawls. Dosent mean every non traveller is a cunt. This is what I'm getting at.

One of the reasons traveller kids don't stand a chance is the government won't enforce the rule that the child has to stay in school until they are 16. Taken our when they're 12 or 13 to learn how to rob.  At least if they were made stay in school until they were 16 more of them would stand a chance.

The law doesn't apply to them in most meaningful ways. Can you imagine how many Gardai would have to go to a halting site over a truant child? You make your own luck. Living outside the law don't expect much help from it.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 09, 2020, 04:07:34 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 09, 2020, 03:59:20 PM

That is pretty much what I have been getting at since I brought them up. I was making the point that we in this country need to be looking at our own issues before we take into taking the knee for the USA.
I was having a bit of a laugh along the way, but honestly trying to make a valid point.

Or to put it another way, why the fuck are we all so in thrall to the US? What could it be if not the media?

low self esteem as a nation. stuck between the uk and the usa, despite being right by the Nordic nations and continental europe too.