Quote from: astfgyl on June 08, 2020, 11:17:25 PM
Your mickey won't be limp if you take the yoke.

Im sorry to tell you but it actually will.

Quote from: blessed1 on June 08, 2020, 11:20:30 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on June 08, 2020, 11:17:25 PM
Your mickey won't be limp if you take the yoke.

Im sorry to tell you but it actually will.

Hard luck man, it can happen to the best of us. Sure even Pele had to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune..

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 08, 2020, 11:19:51 PM
I'm getting the impression you bought 50 yokes on a whim and you need to shift them ASAP before the wife unrolls the wrong pair of socks!

Pure bang of that off him tonight alright  :laugh:

:laugh: Mad bastard. Are you starting a love yokes march soon?

Quote from: hellfire on June 08, 2020, 11:15:36 PM
The evidence of which was an allegedly unverifiable "leaked" excel document from the site selling the alleged merchandise. This was when the little scumbags also had a hop of Watain and Taake.

They protested a Nunslaughter gig in France about 12 years ago as well as a Vassafor / Blood tyrant / Kill gig in Berlin back 2010.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 08, 2020, 11:19:51 PM
I'm getting the impression you bought 50 yokes on a whim and you need to shift them ASAP before the wife unrolls the wrong pair of socks!

My kids mother is Polish, and her mother is virulently anti-Semitic, it's comical how much she hates them. She can't explain why.

If I had 50 yokes I would take them. One at a time though.

On a serious note, do you reckon anyone in this thread will admit to being a racist other than me? Is it a crazy idea to think that if the knackers change their ways that I will change my opinion of them? Everyone always has the (public) opinion that none of us are prejudiced and whatnot, but lets pick on something that most of us Irish lads actually have experience of. Would any lads here take the knee for the knackers?

Quote from: hellfire on June 08, 2020, 11:23:46 PM
:laugh: Mad bastard. Are you starting a love yokes march soon?

Now there's something I can get behind!
I had a great idea to start up a thing called valium boxing before.
2 lads. A load of valium then send them out thumping the heads of each other!

Quote from: astfgyl on June 08, 2020, 11:30:28 PM
On a serious note, do you reckon anyone in this thread will admit to being a racist other than me? Is it a crazy idea to think that if the knackers change their ways that I will change my opinion of them? Everyone always has the (public) opinion that none of us are prejudiced and whatnot, but lets pick on something that most of us Irish lads actually have experience of. Would any lads here take the knee for the knackers?

I worked in pubs from my early teens to mid 20's. No great love for them at all. The question of how they constitute a race I won't go into. I've had things nicked, been threatened, had an ashtray thrown at me, cleaned up a smashed up bar and nearly got hit by a flying ashtray once. No love here at all.

Dole day morning fever would surely have to be the title of that classic bout

Quote from: hellfire on June 08, 2020, 11:34:25 PM

I worked in pubs from my early teens to mid 20's. No great love for them at all. The question of how they constitute a race I won't go into. I've had things nicked, been threatened, had an ashtray thrown at me, cleaned up a smashed up bar and nearly got hit by a flying ashtray once. No love here at all.

I know I do be talking a good bit of shite, but if we want to seriously consider how we feel about racism in this country, we have to take the knee for the knackers. Sometimes this shit has foundation...

I think the reason for the modern day racism in the states is a combination of the fact that fuck sake it actually is the blacks committing most of the crimes combined with the historical racism of the uneducated whites there. The real question there is why are the black communities more driven to crime? It's because they have fuck all else in terms of genuine opportunity and if that problem of societal inequality is solved, then the race issue shouldn't come into it. I can't stand the idea of minority groups looking for preferential treatment under the guise of equality. Equality must be applied equally.

Some fuckin slap off these Trumps...

Quote from: astfgyl on June 08, 2020, 11:41:47 PM
Quote from: hellfire on June 08, 2020, 11:34:25 PM

I know I do be talking a good bit of shite, but if we want to seriously consider how we feel about racism in this country, we have to take the knee for the knackers. Sometimes this shit has foundation...

I think the reason for the modern day racism in the states is a combination of the fact that fuck sake it actually is the blacks committing most of the crimes combined with the historical racism of the uneducated whites there. The real question there is why are the black communities more driven to crime? It's because they have fuck all else in terms of genuine opportunity and if that problem of societal inequality is solved, then the race issue shouldn't come into it. I can't stand the idea of minority groups looking for preferential treatment under the guise of equality. Equality must be applied equally.

On the subject of travellers.
They have the same opportunities as us education wise but choose not to take it.
And I actually don't blame the kids for it.
Its a constant cycle with travellers.
If you are brought up around violence and acting the big man of course it's going to influence you.
I always wondered if you took traveller kids from birth and gave them a proper upbringing would they turn out the way they are?
Or is it something that's ingrained in them?
Or are they actually so inbred they are incapable of understanding?
Thats a serious question by the way.

#464 June 08, 2020, 11:48:37 PM Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 11:50:35 PM by hellfire
When I was 16 I had a right not to have a glass ashtray flung at me. Over years I had so many resoundingly negative experiences I have great difficulty feeling any sympathy for them whatsoever. Perhaps if I had seen them in another capacity than barwork I would think differently.

Quote from: blessed1 on June 08, 2020, 11:47:32 PM
I always wondered if you took traveller kids from birth and gave them a proper upbringing would they turn out the way they are?

They would be fine.