Quote from: Aborted on June 07, 2020, 06:44:32 PM
In the middle of all this the Austin PD posted up some images of thank you cards they got.. they are getting the piss ripped out of them.

Before you read the comments do you notice anything different... or not different about the cards!  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/AustinPolice/photos/a.1761956740519434/2887391764642587/?type=3&theater
Someone has a sore wrist after writing all of those  :laugh:

Quote from: Pedrito on June 07, 2020, 11:03:07 AM
Whatever about the States, we could do with locking lads up in our country a bit more. This chap who cut the young lad up in Drogheda and left him in a bin in Dublin was a hitman, terrorising people, with a mere 125 convictions to his name. Plenty like him out and about our fair isle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/robbie-lawlor-profile-a-feared-criminal-with-a-long-list-of-enemies-1.4221529

It was 2 lads from Moneymore and one from Rathmullen that carried out that murder.

As for our own country look at what happened in Carrigaline last night. A teenager was stabbed multiple times in the face because he got cheeky with a gang of lads who asked him for 2 euro. The screen shots from facebook groups that go along with the videos are disturbing as well.

#blackguysbatter

#whiteguysscatter

1: different races, classes, religions, and cultures don't gel. never have, never will.

2: 90% of racial violence has never been quite real, but it serves an emotional purpose and resonates in the mind for decades after.

3: it's all designed to get humans to look horizontally for evil, rather than above or below.

4: even in the best of circumstance we can all be violent irrational cunts, so there's no moralising to be done really.

5: it's probably for the best that we're kept here in a snowglobe stuck precisely between good and bad.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 07, 2020, 07:33:50 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on June 07, 2020, 11:03:07 AM
Whatever about the States, we could do with locking lads up in our country a bit more. This chap who cut the young lad up in Drogheda and left him in a bin in Dublin was a hitman, terrorising people, with a mere 125 convictions to his name. Plenty like him out and about our fair isle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/robbie-lawlor-profile-a-feared-criminal-with-a-long-list-of-enemies-1.4221529

It was 2 lads from Moneymore and one from Rathmullen that carried out that murder.

As for our own country look at what happened in Carrigaline last night. A teenager was stabbed multiple times in the face because he got cheeky with a gang of lads who asked him for 2 euro. The screen shots from facebook groups that go along with the videos are disturbing as well.

there's a 26 page MMA thread right below this thread. knives, knees, blood for entertainment, stabbings for fun.

Quote from: mugz on June 07, 2020, 07:54:49 PM
1: different races, classes, religions, and cultures don't gel. never have, never will.

2: 90% of racial violence has never been quite real, but it serves an emotional purpose and resonates in the mind for decades after.

3: it's all designed to get humans to look horizontally for evil, rather than above or below.

4: even in the best of circumstance we can all be violent irrational cunts, so there's no moralising to be done really.

5: it's probably for the best that we're kept here in a snowglobe stuck precisely between good and bad.

Wow, Hallmark really do have a card for every occasion!

Quote from: astfgyl on June 07, 2020, 08:02:22 PM
Quote from: mugz on June 07, 2020, 07:54:49 PM

Wow, Hallmark really do have a card for every occasion!

:laugh: :laugh:

I just saw this BBC headline. 

"27 police officers injured during largely peaceful anti-racism protests in London"

WHAT??? Talk about putting a spin on in it.

I'd have written Hallmark does

but I'll let you away with it this time.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 07, 2020, 09:24:53 PM

"27 police officers injured during largely peaceful anti-racism protests in London"

Commissioner Anabell Brumford:
I would like now to introduce a most distinguished gentleman. This week he is being honored for his one 1000th drug dealer killed. Ladies and gentleman please welcome Lt. Frank Drebin of Police Squad.

Lt. Frank Drebin:
In all honesty the last two I backed over with my car. Luckily they turned out to be drug dealers.

Quote from: mugz on June 07, 2020, 09:29:08 PM

Honestly I would have too but I don't have the italics in quick reply

Quote from: astfgyl on June 07, 2020, 11:05:10 PM

Corporation literally means bodily extension or extension of a body. if you speak 4 European languages, studied Latin, and are aiming to earn a doctorate in a hybrid research area between humanities and sciences, you're setting yourself up to be held to very high standards.

I can barely dress myself in the morning, so, correspondingly, no such standards are needed for the grumpy nitpicking shite I post.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 07, 2020, 09:24:53 PM

From what I have seen a lot of those protests were anything but peaceful. Throwing fireworks and bicycles at police horses doesn't exactly scream peace to me.

Quote from: mugz on June 07, 2020, 11:11:42 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on June 07, 2020, 11:05:10 PM

Corporation literally means bodily extension or extension of a body. if you speak 4 European languages, studied Latin, and are aiming to earn a doctorate in a hybrid research area between humanities and sciences, you're setting yourself up to be held to very high standards.

I can barely dress myself in the morning, so, correspondingly, no such standards are needed for the grumpy nitpicking shite I post.

Nah it's okay, you can still have a worthwhile contribution to make without all of those credentials. And you can still be every bit as likely to struggle with changing somebodies' core beliefs as the next fella or girl or cross between them or entity-beyond-human-conventions. It is all dependent on how one identifies oneself.

I only get motivated to say something when it looks like ordinary people are being harmed by ideas and memes and practices that have been weaponised.

On the other hand I have no idea if any real people exist or if I exist, but still, I'll try to contribute something in bad times. I don't really care about much any more, but how we cope with technology is one topic where I really believe everything I've posted.

Can  you put a genie back in a bottle? Actually I think you can, and sometimes you should.