#3210 April 09, 2024, 11:26:17 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:28:07 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: mickO))) on April 09, 2024, 11:01:16 PMWas Stewart not the one who ranted and raved about the Trump civil real-estate case then it was discovered that he did exactly the same thing with his New York penthouse?

It wasn't quite that in the end. What Stewart did can be criticized I suppose, but the difference is exactly the question of legality:
https://www.newsweek.com/jon-stewart-responds-donald-trump-overvalued-apartment-1884479

QuoteTrump was ordered to pay $454 million in February after New York judge Arthur Engoron concluded that the real estate mogul had inflated his assets to secure bank loans and make business deals.

Stewart sold his Tribeca penthouse in 2014 for $17.5 million. At the time, an assessor valued the 6,280-square-foot property at $847,174, a difference of 829 percent. In New York, tax rates are applied to the estimated value of a property, with the penthouse judged to be worth $1.882 million. Stewart did not do anything legally wrong.

:laugh:  :laugh: 829% over the worth!?!?! Caveat emptor.

Deep, deep dive into the Knesset and IDF's actions over the last six months from an Israeli professor of history at the Hebrew University:
https://www.academia.edu/112967602/Bearing_Witness_to_the_Israel_Gaza_War_updated_to_15_April_2024_
https://twitter.com/LeeMordechai/status/1780034934444331325

Hopefully, no shade of a joke, he doesn't get himself hospitalized, disappeared, or assassinated for speaking out.

Also maybe of interest to some of ye here, an Israeli neuroscientist colleague (and fellow peacenik) led a huge study investigating how trauma experienced under psychedelics/MDMA is processed, based on interviews and analyses of survivors of the attack on the Supernova festival. These were conducted in the immediate aftermath of Oct 7th and I remember well his harrowing day-by-day reports of how emotionally exhausting the process was for everyone involved. Anyway, results were published a few days ago.

The study here:
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.03.28.587237v1

An NYT overview here:
https://archive.is/IE8fA

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 16, 2024, 12:28:03 PMAlso maybe of interest to some of ye here, an Israeli neuroscientist colleague (and fellow peacenik) led a huge study investigating how trauma experienced under psychedelics/MDMA is processed, based on interviews and analyses of survivors of the attack on the Supernova festival. These were conducted in the immediate aftermath of Oct 7th and I remember well his harrowing day-by-day reports of how emotionally exhausting the process was for everyone involved. Anyway, results were published a few days ago.

The study here:
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.03.28.587237v1

An NYT overview here:
https://archive.is/IE8fA

That is of interest. Be like Dead Man's Shoes but worse again

Just throwing in an oul Trump here and there to keep the topic alive, as I'm sure big tech are still out to get him20240413_131317.jpg

At this point, too late to announce an alternative candidate, the Democrats best hope might be that Biden dies.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 02, 2024, 01:56:44 AMAt this point, too late to announce an alternative candidate, the Democrats best hope might be that Biden dies.

Why, what's he done now?

Just ramping up the things he's allowing to happen on his watch all for the sake of not pulling the plug on Israel, now including police bashing peaceful student protestors and faculty protecting them at some of the US' flagship universities. Think of those universities what we may, the optics couldn't speak louder, especially given the reasons for previous student protests of similar magnitude, all now considered vindicated protests to social or political wrongs: civil rights, Vietnam, South African apartheid. Reckon you'd have to go back to Lyndon Johnson and the Vietnam war to find a time when the Democrat party so poorly reflected the values it likes to pay lip service to.

Looks like it's going to be a messy election. Trump now saying he's going to come after the Bidens if he wins unless he himself is pardoned now. Absolutely shameless. It feels like the tagline for the first AvP film, "Whoever wins, we lose'. Unfortunately for Americans it's their third election in a row like that. We all definitely lose heavier if Trump wins though...

There's a dude around town with a flag saying "Trump was right about everything". Legend.

Quote from: Mooncat on May 02, 2024, 04:27:52 PMLooks like it's going to be a messy election. Trump now saying he's going to come after the Bidens if he wins unless he himself is pardoned now. Absolutely shameless. It feels like the tagline for the first AvP film, "Whoever wins, we lose'. Unfortunately for Americans it's their third election in a row like that. We all definitely lose heavier if Trump wins though...

You couldn't honestly believe at this stage that Biden would be any better than Trump for the next 4 years, surely? I support neither btw, I just think it'd be a joke if it was funny but it's not. State of the whole fuckin lot of it I never thought I'd live to see things go to the level of bullshit that we have these days. A fuckin senile demented oul career politician who was racist back when it was still cool and only got in at all because the alternative was Donald fucking Trump VS Donald Trump.

Holy fucking jaysus has anyone any idea how we actually managed to sink so low as a species

Quote from: astfgyl on May 02, 2024, 10:20:37 PM
Quote from: Mooncat on May 02, 2024, 04:27:52 PMLooks like it's going to be a messy election. Trump now saying he's going to come after the Bidens if he wins unless he himself is pardoned now. Absolutely shameless. It feels like the tagline for the first AvP film, "Whoever wins, we lose'. Unfortunately for Americans it's their third election in a row like that. We all definitely lose heavier if Trump wins though...

You couldn't honestly believe at this stage that Biden would be any better than Trump for the next 4 years, surely? I support neither btw, I just think it'd be a joke if it was funny but it's not. State of the whole fuckin lot of it I never thought I'd live to see things go to the level of bullshit that we have these days. A fuckin senile demented oul career politician who was racist back when it was still cool and only got in at all because the alternative was Donald fucking Trump VS Donald Trump.

Holy fucking jaysus has anyone any idea how we actually managed to sink so low as a species

Agreed, but there's one crucial difference you're missing which is what I'm mainly referring too: as shite as they both are Donald Trump, as a political tactic, actually seeks to divide people. He is the root of the modern zeitgeist where everyone is so divided and everything is a left v right argument. He destroyed polite society, popularized and encouraged absolutely shameless disinformation to levels never before seen, emboldened dickheads like him to come out in the open, and introduced a level of absolutely wild upfront unprofessionalism and childishness into politics. Trump had the relationships between people on the ropes and covid delivered the knockout punch. Biden is obviously shite too, but as a public persona he is generally quite vanilla in a more traditional president way. Half-hearted messages of unity are many leagues above what Trump has inspired.

America sinks politically with either, but it sinks socially as well with Trump.

Did you watch the Praying For Armageddon doc yet astfgyl? That might, or might not, alter your perception of just how bad things could get under a second Trump mandate. As difficult as it genuinely is to believe that anyone could do worse than Biden is doing right now, I really don't think it's unwise to at least entertain the possibility that Trump could in fact be significantly worse. And one of the many ironies here is that Netanyahu and his ilk would absolutely love for Trump to get in, for reasons that help to flesh out that potential worst case scenario.

Quote from: Mooncat on May 02, 2024, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on May 02, 2024, 10:20:37 PM

Agreed, but there's one crucial difference you're missing which is what I'm mainly referring too: as shite as they both are Donald Trump, as a political tactic, actually seeks to divide people. He is the root of the modern zeitgeist where everyone is so divided and everything is a left v right argument. He destroyed polite society, popularized and encouraged absolutely shameless disinformation to levels never before seen, emboldened dickheads like him to come out in the open, and introduced a level of absolutely wild upfront unprofessionalism and childishness into politics. Trump had the relationships between people on the ropes and covid delivered the knockout punch. Biden is obviously shite too, but as a public persona he is generally quite vanilla in a more traditional president way. Half-hearted messages of unity are many leagues above what Trump has inspired.

America sinks politically with either, but it sinks socially as well with Trump.

I agree with all of those points re trump but look at the state of Biden as well the rotten little child sniffer