Bah. Might have to grab the other,  non pic version which I assume has a sheet... I'm tempted by A Journey's End as well with the artwork of the trees. I have the old one with the drawing of the head but I prefer the other version.

Jesus. The worst song on the album and possibly their worst one all in.

It does have b-side written all over it - song could work by cutting out 2 minutes of the meandering (in both vocal melodies and an extra verse/chorus not needed) but I like the video, fits the song well.

Not bad old riffing, but Lord those vocals are terrible. How did one of the lads not step in and say to maybe try something else. It is the epitome of tuneless wailing. Video is grand but sure... just some film.

Ah come on lads stop messing the riff is crap. Like something that never got beyond an initial jam/idea.

It's not my favourite Primordial album in general but there's far better material on the record, that track is the low point and I now skip it every time.

Didn't have any problems with it musically as an album track, don't have any problems with it as a standalone. It's not like "singles" really exist anymore, so I guess Nemty put it forward for a video mainly because his inspiration for the lyrics was apparently highly visual:

Quote"Death holy death is a song about martyrdom, sacrifice and giving your life to a higher ideal, I found myself standing watching a religious procession in a small Italian walled medieval city, a movement which had not changed much in 500 years, the city walls draped in the same flags, the same saints, martyrs, knights, queens, kings and demons, weathered and decayed but still standing on the walls and ramparts. The local saint flayed alive in the town square for Heresy and remembered for her devotion half a millenia later. Sacrifice endures. The passion of Joan of Arc (1928) seemed to perfectly fit to the song....." - A.A. Nemtheanga

Surprisingly doesn't seem to be much chat about the gig tonight, anyone heading? Early enough stage times across the board, must be a nightclub or some shite on after.

#473 April 27, 2024, 12:57:48 PM Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 01:01:30 PM by Thorn
Yeah, I searched through for a thread this morning and couldn't find one. I'm not going to go now since no one else here is bothered.

Will be there with bells on ;). I'll not get there til halfway through Hellripper but not sweating that, looking forward to some Icelandic deviltry after .
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Yeah I'm heading in, never seen them live before. Heading to fibbers first for 5 then in to see hellripper
Play the Academy July 13th

How was the gig, good set?

Hellripper just as much fun as I'd hoped, the band of the night for me. Misþyrming also excellent. Darkest Era....ok but not one older song? Get out ta fuck.

Primordial were fine, bit disappointed in the set list though, only 3 from the new record? Get the impression they are in the victory lap stage now.

Was Shauny from Last Light on bass?

Yeah it wasn't Paul anyway, so I guess so.

Quote from: Circlepit on April 28, 2024, 01:42:13 PMWas Shauny from Last Light on bass?

Yeah. Alan mentioned at some point during the show that Shaun was helping them out for the gig since Paul was unable to play