I think they are their only fans.

;D
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

https://youtu.be/HxSHqSK-EFE

Anyone heard this 😄
Do people actually still support this eejit?

I'm guessing he sells those guitars too?

He doesn't sell them but this orchestral version sounds pretty good

https://youtu.be/hUaLsxi5QT0

Quote from: blessed1 on April 01, 2023, 10:27:10 AMDo people actually still support this eejit?

He's got 150 odd people paying a tenner a month on Patreon. He's down a 100 subs from since the start of this thread a couple of years ago. I'm sure he's weeping into his sauna as we speak  :laugh:

It seems like the bauld Jari finally got the finger out, and TIME II is scheduled for release at the end of August.

He threw up a video on Youtube talking about what he's been up to and where the crowdfunding money went. The basic gist of it is:

- Raised 464k but only got 200k after fees, taxes and expenses (?)
- Didn't get to build their planned Wintersun HQ big studio (no sauna I'm guessing  :laugh:)
- They settled to buy a space and build a "semi-studio" instead, and straight away started working on writing FOUR (!?) different albums
- Finished Time II
- They still want to build their dream Wintersun HQ

So the pre-order for TIME II went online (with a similar American style tv sales commercial cringe) and reached its goal of €100,000 in just 12 hours. It's currently over €200,000  :-[   

The new "Time Package" comes with the album, an instrumental version, an isolated tracks version, a singles version (?) and a "Dynamic version" with a different mix. It also comes with a remastered version of Forest Seasons and 5 HOURS of unreleased early demos written from 1992-2000, but with a modern recording. Digital release only for €50. Doesn't currently seem to be a CD release for somebody who just wants the album like  :laugh:

Anyway, he didn't throw up any tracks, just a few clips of songs here and there from the album and from the demos:

Have to say, all twattery aside, I think those clips sound decent. I won't be paying 50 squids for multiple versions of the album that I don't need, but I am looking forward to listening to those songs in August. Those demo clips sound good too, Ensifernum buzz.

Four more albums currently in the works, will their new studio make a difference in getting them out faster? At their current output rate, Jari would be in his 70's when the fourth one comes out  :laugh:

The demos would have me tempted, since apparently its all stuff he's had from the 90s/early 00s which might mean it's more in the style of the first album or early Wintersun

But there's no way I'm paying out for just a digital copy

Just copped that one of these lads is currently with Megadeth

And the other two are with Nightwish! :laugh:

Time II was finally released last week. Had a listen on YouTube earlier, this track sounds immense:

Quote from: Giggles on September 04, 2024, 05:20:39 PMTime II was finally released last week. Had a listen on YouTube earlier, this track sounds immense:

I wasnt expecting much after forest seasons...Time 2 is magnificent

Quote from: londonleatherboy on September 06, 2024, 11:33:56 AMI wasnt expecting much after forest seasons...Time 2 is magnificent

I quite like Forest Seasons! I listen to it more frequently than Time I.

I think Time II will take a few listens for me to digest properly, but I'm loving the lead guitar tones with those cool Japanese sounding melodies.

Storm and Silver Leaves...incredible tracks