King & Anselmo working together? It might have been an exciting prospect 25 years ago.

QuoteThe rumour mill is churning with the buzz that Slayer drummer Paul Bostaph is teaming up with guitarist Kerry King for a new project also featuring guitarist Gary Holt and vocalist Phil Anselmo.

The rumours started with an Instagram update from Bostaph (found below) on his self-imposed quarantine. Overkill drummer Jason Bittner proceeded to ask if Bostaph projects down the pipeline, to which Bostaph replied "Something is brewing with a friend of mine that is very familiar to you. I'll give you three guesses."

Bittner's response: ""Kerry, Gary, and Anselmo. C'mon, everyone knows by now."

This was enough to get people talking even though Holt has made it clear in the press that Exodus is his priority following Slayer calling it quits. Adding to the buzz is King's statement in a recent Guitar World interview "Let's just say... Dean didn't sign me for nothing!" when asked if he has new music in the works.

http://bravewords.com/news/rumour-slayer-drummer-paul-bostaph-teaming-up-with-kerry-king-phil-anselmo-and-gary-holt-for-new-project

If Phil could get his voice back in shape, who knows, it might not be a complete write off but then with King's dumbass riffs it's unlikely to amount to much. What are the odds the band name will include the word King...

I can hear the sound of beer cans crunching against foreheads already.