March 20, 2020, 01:00:53 AM Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:28:26 AM by leatherface
Post Ozzy albums, which are your favourites?. A lot of people talk about the Dio era but I have lately enjoyed listening to 'The Eternal Idol' with Tony Martin (pretty badass in places) and 'Seventh Star' with Glenn Hughes.  Speaking of Dio I also happen to think that 'Dehumanizer' is overlooked, it has some good tracks ('TV crimes' especially).

#1 March 20, 2020, 01:28:49 AM Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:31:46 AM by leatherface
As far as late career Ozzy Black Sabbath goes, I really like that riff at the start of 'You Won't Change Me' on 'Technical Ecstacy'.

Headless Cross is underrated for me. Also like Dehumanizer a lot. I almost listen to those more than Ozzy albums.

Dehumanizer is class, one of their very best. Eternal Idol is also a banger. The title track, in particular, is one of the heaviest things Iommi ever wrote.

Born Again (1983) with Ian Gillian who I love on vocals. Not their usual style but it works for me.

https://youtu.be/9d8Qxw3fHZw

Tony Martin Black Sabbath is one of my fave things ever. Never get sick of it. Iommi riffs always solid and the cheese aspect of the time just gives it a little escapism. TYR is prob my fave but there's loads of great stuff. "Vel-hell-ehh".

Headless Cross is an absolute classic. Poor Tony Martin, ended up on both Sabbath and Candlemass's most overlooked albums. Incredible vocalist!

Quote from: Slaughterday on March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 AM
Headless Cross is an absolute classic. Poor Tony Martin, ended up on both Sabbath and Candlemass's most overlooked albums. Incredible vocalist!

Superb album alright!!!!!

The 70's Ozzy stuff is great of course but im a HUGE tony Martin-era fan. Tyr, Headless Cross, Eternal Idol - all fantastic. The Dio stuff of course is untouchable, and I love a Born Again too (but not as much as the Martin stuff). Mind you - Cross Purposes and Forbidden are two that I could never warm to.

#9 March 20, 2020, 10:01:57 AM Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:04:29 AM by jobrok1
Headless Cross and TYR are fantastic albums.
Cross Purposes is pretty good, but Forbidden was a terrible affair altogether.

Born Again is very good, but a bit 'meh' in parts.

Early Dio albums are classics. No argument there.
But Dehumanizer is one of the best albums both Sabbath and Dio himself ever made.

I've always had a soft spot for Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die, but they were the first albums I got from Sabbath so I listened to them a huge amount

Dehumanizer is easily up there as one of the best albums they made, was a shame that they went chasing the Ozzy reunion money and didn't stick with that lineup. Even when they finally did for The Devil You Know they showed they could still come up with something great. Would have been a much more fitting final album than 13

Dehumanizer is a brilliant album. Headless Cross, Tyr, Eternal Idol class.

Love the way the band could evolve and change skin with different singers. Wish more bands would do it instead of breaking up when one person leaves.

I just came here to say headless cross. Iommi he said he feels its the proper follow on from heaven and hell.

Dehumanizer was the first metal vinyl I've ever listened to, so it will always have a special place among my favourites. Has anybody ever listened to the Dehumanizer demos featuring the released songs with different vocal placement/lyrics and the unused songs in the album ("Get a grip", "The next time", Bad Blood")? Cozy Powel on the drums also, this is fucking priceless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxlGPd3qPVI&list=PL7178EBC7CD3652E0&index=8

Cool, didnt know there was rehearsals available from this!