Always liked anything I heard of his, but never went beyond a smattering of the singles. With the ton of extra time I have this week I fancy taking a deeper dive. Best albums to start with?

Quote from: hellfire on March 17, 2020, 07:34:32 PM
Always liked anything I heard of his, but never went beyond a smattering of the singles. With the ton of extra time I have this week I fancy taking a deeper dive. Best albums to start with?
Billion Dollar Babies is a classic

From the inside is my favourite album of his. None of the songs on it are any of the big hits but a great concept album.
Worth getting on gatefold.

Welcome to My Nightmare was always my personal favourite. Can't go wrong with Billion Dollar Babies, Killer, Love it to Death and Trash as well

#5 March 17, 2020, 09:45:10 PM Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:03:41 PM by Kunt 4 Life
I also like his obscure 80s albums, the ones that Alice doesn't remember recording cause he was so messed up on boose and drugs
Dada is a great underappreciated album with lots of great gems like 'i love America', 'pass the gun around' and the first track is a pretty weird but cool and creepy 'story'.

I love all the Alice cooper band stuff, love it to death, killer, billion dollar babies and schools out are all amazing.  Most of his his most famous stuff us from those 4. Never really listened to much of his eighties stuff, but have a soft spot for last temptation (Chris Cornell did some of the writing on it)

Last Temptation bored the pants off me, to be honest.

I was a big fan of Last Temptation when it initially came out, I'll have to dig it out someday to see if its stood the test of time....

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on March 17, 2020, 09:45:10 PM
I also like his obscure 80s albums, the ones that Alice doesn't remember recording cause he was so messed up on boose and drugs
Dada is a great underappreciated album with lots of great gems like 'i love America', 'pass the gun around' and the first track is a pretty weird but cool and creepy 'story'.

Good call there gave it a listen earlier.

#10 March 20, 2020, 12:15:55 AM Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:22:28 AM by leatherface
'Raise Your Fist and Yell' is decent enough sounding 80s metal, especially the track 'Roses on White Lace'. The album is usually very low on the Alice Cooper  'recommended' list though ::).

Killer, Love it to Death, Billion Dollar Babies, Special Forces, Welcome to my Nightmare, Goes to Hell, Raise your Fist and Yell and one of the comps you wont go wrong.

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on March 17, 2020, 09:45:10 PM

What he said. Billion Dollar babies, Love it to Death, Killer and Welcome to my Nightmare are pretty essential tbh. Then start to work your way through his back catalogue. I love his more obscure albums, and From the inside is definitely up there, along with Flush the Fashion and Lace and whiskey. He has a great variety of albums to get stuck into. Enjoy checking them out!

Just listened to dada there, starts a bit slow but everything from dyslexia on is pretty good. Onto flush the fashion now, don't think I'm in the right mood for this one...

Quote from: skuddington on March 20, 2020, 01:19:43 PM
Just listened to dada there, starts a bit slow but everything from dyslexia on is pretty good. Onto flush the fashion now, don't think I'm in the right mood for this one...
Try, "Alice Cooper goes to Hell"