I suppose I could have resurrected the 'lost albums' thread for this one, but no matter. Picked this up as an impulse buy in Tower the other day (btw great to see them stocking the Invictus releases), not a huge sacrifice at only a tenner. This is the only Frost release I'd never paid any prior attention to, and I suppose at the time of its release, so much reputational damage had been done by Cold Lake that this suffered as a result. Anyway, I think it's fucking fantastic. Obviously the darkness of the early material had been more or less jettisoned at this stage, and there are definite remnants of the unloved Cold Lake material to be heard, but I'm really enjoying this so far, and it has far exceeded my expectations. Any other fans?

Yeah, love it, especially the two title tracks. It's what Cold Lake should have been but, even then, might have been too far a step from Into The Pandemonium for many. I liked Cold Lake, to be fair, but this was a welcome step back towards a heavier Frost, albeit with a massive aroma of Cold Lake all the way through it.

Quote from: Juggz on March 10, 2020, 03:16:13 PM
Yeah, love it, especially the two title tracks.

Yes, Vanity in particular stood out for me on the first listen. The snare sound is fucking huge as well, I'm not a musician or an expert on production or such matters, but that immediately drew my attention. I can see how it may have not gone down too well with Frost diehards though.

It's quite the musical leap to make in little over 5 years via To Mega Therion and Into The Pandemonium. Interestingly, it also has the full Morbid Tales lineup back together  :laugh: