For me one of the most promising currently active bands. The demo is phenomenal. I traveled to a number of countries to see this band live after seeing them first at Spyer Grey Mass back in 2014.

Have been listing to the album all day and it looks like it could end up being even better than the demo. The album is released today by the mighty Amor Fati Productions.

https://shop.amor-fati-productions.de/en/8208-nawaharjan-lokabrenna-digi-cd

Full album here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrWQ9kkVdI

Amor Fati Productions is proud to present Nawaharjan's long-awaited debut album, Lokabrenna, on February 20th.

Consisting of nine songs across a full hour, Lokabrenna is a conceptual work based around the Thursian Brandawegiz system, which is built upon the nine locks of Sinmara's chest within the dark, liberating side of Germanic mythology. Each of the songs on the album symbolizes one of these locks and acts as a devotional hymn to Loki and a way to unlock his potential within oneself.

The album's namesake, Lokabrenna is the Scandinavian name for the star Sirius, which translates into "Loki's burning." The star is associated with important destructive and liberating attributes in many cultures worldwide. It is known as the "Alpha Canis Majoris," or the "dog star," in the ancient world or as home planet of the Nommo spirits within the belief of the Dogon tribe.

Within the Brandawegiz tradition, Lokabrenna is associated with the liberating powers of Loki. It is also linked to the destruction of the cosmos that follows after the release of the flaming sword Lævateinn during Ragnarök and Loki's transformation into his final, liberating aspect Hveðrungr.

Verily do Nawaharjan accomplish these sensations across this the scything 'n' swirling expanses of Lokabrenna. The band's Into the Void debut EP - originally released in late 2011 in extremely limited quantities, but given further life with Amor Fati's vinyl edition in early 2016 - may have slowly-yet-surely become something of a mini-classic in recent years, but it is with Lokabrenna where Nawaharjan truly display their dynamic, depths-exploring black metal mastery in its fullest glory. Behold its vast, illuminating liberation!

- Channeling the Þursian Current -

Thanks. I've only listened to the first track so far. Sounds very similar to Arckanum. 

It sounds like Shamaatae singing on the first track. Also the general lyrical concepts are similar to the last few Arckanum albums since Antikosmos.

They use to have a woman in the band as well that played an Octobass but I don't think she is a member anymore as I only ever saw her the first time I saw them playing live.

Make sure you check out the demo as well the production is amazing on it so don't be turned off thinking it's some lo fi inaudible recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spStzHyfBfU

I indecently was looking at Sirius (apparently the brightest star to us) some days ago after watching a couple of youtube videos about Orion. It is just East of or left when facing South towards Orion it's the dog following. You can see the Orion nebula under his belt there apparently the only nebula visible to the naked eye. I think around the end of this month will be the last we see of Orion in this part of the world until November.